[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty Question - Drop Chaz Schilens or Santana Moss for Garrett Harley

electricrelish

I reached my championship game in a brand new 16-team dynasty league. My kickers are Matt Prater and John Carney. However, I also have Garrett Hartley on my taxi squad. I was thinking of promoting G. Hartley to my active roster. The only problem is that I am maxed out in terms of contract space (50 years max) and roster space (20 max). If I drop a player with a 2 year or 1 year contract, I am still charged that player's current year, so I can't drop any players with a one year contract. All my two-year players (LT, D. Sproles and Eagles Def), I think I should keep. So the only other two players that I would consider dropping are Santana Moss (3 years) and Chaz Schilens (3 years).

Both of these WRs are similar. They are both very talented but because they are on bad teams, they are not utilized as they should. I think Moss is still more valuable because first, he's signed until 2013 with the Redskins. Second, I think if Mike Shanahan takes over, he will utilize Moss a lot more. Schilens is younger and will be in his third (magic year) next season, but the Raiders aren't going to magically put it together, especially when the still want Darius Heyward-Bay to be the guy to justify his contract and Louis Murphy is also in the mix.

Should I drop Santana Moss or Chaz Schilens to make room for Garrett Hartley? I will be penalized for a year next year for dropping a player with a three-year contract. For this year (one more game), I will free up 2 years of contract space. The downside is that I would only be able to sign Hartley for two years (one year this season (which is one game left) and one the next. I would prefer to sign him longer, but there's nothing I can do unless I drop more players (not worth it). Should I sit tight with Matt Prater? Looks like Hartely will get more opportunities to score this week, but that wasn't the case last week, but Prater is going against the Eagles this week. I think I can with the game regardless, but I should still pull out all the stops to win the championship despite the long-term dynasty implications.

Current Starting Roster (contract yrs)

Tony Romo (4)

Adrian Peterson (5)

LaDainian Tomlinson (2)

Jerome Harrison (1)

Andre Johnson (6)

Steve Smith (CAR) (4)

Dallas Clark (3)

Matt Prater (1)

Philadelphia Eagles (2)

Bench

Jon Kitna (1)

Chester Taylor (1)

Darren Sproles (2)

Bernard Scott (3)

Jabar Gaffney (1)

Chaz Schilens (3)

Robert Royal (1)

Daniel Fells (1)

John Carney (1)

St. Louis Rams (1)

IR

James Davis (4)

Taxi Squad

Garrett Hartley

David Clowney

Deon Butler

Lynell Hamilton

I reached my championship game in a brand new 16-team dynasty league. My kickers are Matt Prater and John Carney. However, I also have Garrett Hartley on my taxi squad. I was thinking of promoting G. Hartley to my active roster. The only problem is that I am maxed out in terms of contract space (50 years max) and roster space (20 max). If I drop a player with a 2 year or 1 year contract, I am still charged that player's current year, so I can't drop any players with a one year contract. All my two-year players (LT, D. Sproles and Eagles Def), I think I should keep. So the only other two players that I would consider dropping are Santana Moss (3 years) and Chaz Schilens (3 years).

Both of these WRs are similar. They are both very talented but because they are on bad teams, they are not utilized as they should. I think Moss is still more valuable because first, he's signed until 2013 with the Redskins. Second, I think if Mike Shanahan takes over, he will utilize Moss a lot more. Schilens is younger and will be in his third (magic year) next season, but the Raiders aren't going to magically put it together, especially when the still want Darius Heyward-Bay to be the guy to justify his contract and Louis Murphy is also in the mix.

Should I drop Santana Moss or Chaz Schilens to make room for Garrett Hartley? I will be penalized for a year next year for dropping a player with a three-year contract. For this year (one more game), I will free up 2 years of contract space. The downside is that I would only be able to sign Hartley for two years (one year this season (which is one game left) and one the next. I would prefer to sign him longer, but there's nothing I can do unless I drop more players (not worth it). Should I sit tight with Matt Prater? Looks like Hartely will get more opportunities to score this week, but that wasn't the case last week, but Prater is going against the Eagles this week. I think I can with the game regardless, but I should still pull out all the stops to win the championship despite the long-term dynasty implications.

Tony Romo (4)

Adrian Peterson (5)

LaDainian Tomlinson (2)

Jerome Harrison (1)

Andre Johnson (6)

Steve Smith (CAR) (4)

Dallas Clark (3)

Matt Prater (1)

Philadelphia Eagles (2)

Bench

Jon Kitna (1)

Chester Taylor (1)

Darren Sproles (2)

Bernard Scott (3)

Jabar Gaffney (1)

Chaz Schilens (3)

Robert Royal (1)

Daniel Fells (1)

John Carney (1)

St. Louis Rams (1)

IR

James Davis (4)

Taxi Squad

Garrett Hartley

David Clowney

Deon Butler

Lynell Hamilton

i would drop schilens and get hartly in there...hartley is good long term as well

I agree completely. The question is, will Hartley score more than Prater?

The Huddle's predictions give Hartley 2 more points... as you know since you're a member. They give both kickers one FG, but I could see my Broncos being stopped in the red-zone too much and settling for multiple FGs.

In addition to losing one of those WRs, you'd also lose the chance at giving Hartley a multiple year contract.

IF you were confident that Hartley would get more points than Prater, then heck yeah I'd do it.

But I'm not sure. I think it's a coin flip and at that point, you might as well not lose any players over it.

I will only have room to sign Hartley for 2 years. Basically, I get to use him for one game this year and then next year. I would rather keep him longer based on his good situation.

Of course, this is the championship game, and in a 16-team league, one has to pull out all the stops to make sure they win it. However, sometimes New Orleans only gives their PK extra points chances. Do you think the Bronco's offense is good enough to get Prater more than one FG? Another caveat is that I have the Phil D, so I hurt myself every time Prater scores, but really that's neither here nor there.

Thanks for voting on my poll. I think you should drop Schilens. He won't have a QB like Campbell throwing to him any time soon (even next season if they draft the next Matt Ryan!). I think the 'Skins are gonna be A LOT better next year. I hope Shanahan makes it work w/them.

Tony Romo (4)

Adrian Peterson (5)

LaDainian Tomlinson (2)

Jerome Harrison (1)

Andre Johnson (6)

Steve Smith (CAR) (4)

Dallas Clark (3)

Matt Prater (1)

Philadelphia Eagles (2)

Bench

Jon Kitna (1)

Chester Taylor (1)

Darren Sproles (2)

Bernard Scott (3)

Jabar Gaffney (1)

Chaz Schilens (3)

Robert Royal (1)

Daniel Fells (1)

John Carney (1)

St. Louis Rams (1)

IR

James Davis (4)

Taxi Squad

Garrett Hartley

David Clowney

Deon Butler

Lynell Hamilton

I'm gonna say this about that...

You should've dropped Shilens when we talked a month ago :P

I still think you keep Hartley on DTS... unless you're really sure he's going to score more.

Well, I haven't decided yet. The reason I didn't drop Schilens earlier is because the waiver wire wasn't locked out. It is now, so if I want him back, I can, at least, get a shot at during the next free agency period.

Tony Romo (4)

Adrian Peterson (5)

LaDainian Tomlinson (2)

Jerome Harrison (1)

Andre Johnson (6)

Steve Smith (CAR) (4)

Dallas Clark (3)

Matt Prater (1)

Philadelphia Eagles (2)

Bench

Jon Kitna (1)

Chester Taylor (1)

Darren Sproles (2)

Bernard Scott (3)

Jabar Gaffney (1)

Chaz Schilens (3)

Robert Royal (1)

Daniel Fells (1)

John Carney (1)

St. Louis Rams (1)

IR

James Davis (4)

Taxi Squad

Garrett Hartley

David Clowney

Deon Butler

Lynell Hamilton

I probably stand pat and start Prater. If you want Hartley in there, drop Schilens.