[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know it's way early, but what do I do with these 1st round picks

airupthere67

This is a dynasty full team keeper, ppr, bonus 5 pts for 100 rush/rec. yards, or 300 passing yards, must start 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

QB:

Jay Cutler

Vince Young

Jamarcus Russell

Michael Vick

RB:

Ahmad Bradshaw

Danny Ware

Kevin Smith

Maurice Morris

Rock Cartwright

WR:

Dwayne Bowe

Mike Sims-Walker

Steve Breaston

Chaz Schilens

Devin Aromashudu

Mohammed Massaquoi

Malcolm Floyd

Darrius Heyward Bey

Steve Johnson

Maurice Stovall

Marko Mitchell (Taxi Squad)

Dominque Edison (Taxi Squad)

TE:

Vernon Davis

Jermichael Finley

Tony Scheffler

Zach Miller (Jaguars)

K:

David Akers

DEF:

Denver

Arizona

2010 Rookie Draft: I have the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 10th picks in the 1st round.

Clearly I need tons of help at RB. Who's the top RB prospects and should I use all of these picks on RB's or perhaps try to snag Dez Bryant as well?

The odds are that some of the top prospects at a given position will go big, some will become depth, and some will do nothing.

If I had 2, 3 & 5, I'd increase my odds and take the same position. I'd take three of the following four RBs:

Dwyer

Matthews

Spiller

Best (at #5)

If you decide you don't like Best at #5 and Bryant and the other three are gone, I'd trade down.

Until we see where the players actually go and what sort of situation they are in, hard to give specific advice, though Opie has nailed some of the more promising looking prospects at this point.

What options do you have for trading these picks for more proven commodities that are still relatively young?

Usually no real interest in the 1sts develops until just around nfl draft time which obviously makes sense. Who are players that you consider tradeable while they are young? Guys like Ray Rice are pretty much untouchable to their owners. I'm sure DMC could be had pretty cheap. Maybe Forte too now that he's shown a sub par year.

I'm pretty sure that the guy with the #1 overall needs a wr pretty badly, so he may go Bryant with the #1.

One of the better teams in the league has Jennings, White, Wayne, Fitz, and Megatron but has serious RB issues. He may be willing to move one of them at the prospect of getting a young stud RB.

Usually no real interest in the 1sts develops until just around nfl draft time which obviously makes sense. Who are players that you consider tradeable while they are young? Guys like Ray Rice are pretty much untouchable to their owners. I'm sure DMC could be had pretty cheap. Maybe Forte too now that he's shown a sub par year.

I'm pretty sure that the guy with the #1 overall needs a wr pretty badly, so he may go Bryant with the #1.

One of the better teams in the league has Jennings, White, Wayne, Fitz, and Megatron but has serious RB issues. He may be willing to move one of them at the prospect of getting a young stud RB.

I like the idea of seeing what the Forte owner may want.

Same with the owner with all of those WRs. Given that Bowe is your only proven WR (my mantra is one season does not make a stud, so Sims-Walker does not qualify yet), and that you MUST start at least 3, adding another proven WR would be a good move, and if you can add one of those guys to your squad, it most likely will end up benefitting you more than any rookie would.

As far as other RBs to look at, and I don't think you neccesarily need to use just your 1st rounders for these guys, try packaging up other players/later picks if possible, you could try going after Slaton and hope he comes closer to his rookie form next season, and also target guys that may possibly have increased roles next year (though it is a bit of a gamble, you may be able to get these guys relatively inexpensively now compared to seeing what the situations are closer to the season) Moreno, Shonn Greene, Forsett, etc.

The hardest part is predicting what some of the guys performing well now will have as their roles next season, even if you wait until the NFL draft to pursue some of them, guys like Snelling, LeSean McCoy, McFadden, Michael Bush, Fred Jackson.

Perhaps you can swing deals, again not neccesarily using your 1st rounders, on some of these guys to build up your potential at RB.

The only thing I'm worried about with this draft class is that most of the guys coming out aren't that highly touted. Either that, or they just haven't garnered the publicity yet. No one seems to have the AP, CJ, DMC, Crabtree kind of hype. Am I wrong that none of these guys are really that high up talent wise?

I figure if Bryant goes 1st overall, which he just might considering that team's lineup, then it's RB all the way with 2, 3, and as you posted earlier, 5 unless Best doesn't seem worth it.

Let's say the 1st pick is Dwyer, then I take Matthews or Spiller at 2, and then is Bryant good enough for #3 or should I stick with Matthews/Spiller for the 3rd and hope Bryant falls to 5? Obviously, there's no reason to think that I'd have my choice of Best or Bryant at 5. Gotta figure 1 of them to be gone to the 4th pick.

Another development...

This guy is offering Brandon Marshall for Kevin Smith, Maurice Morris, and my 2011 1st. Is this as obvious of a good deal as I see it to be?

Here's his roster:

QB:

Roethlesberger

Sanchez

Boller

RB:

Buckhalter

Grant

LJ

Felix Jones

McClain

McGahee

Moreno

Fred Taylor

Westbrook

Arian Foster (Taxi Squad)

WR:

Bess

Collie

Colston

Manningham

Marshall

Owens

Kelley Washington

Laurent Robinson (IR)

Troy Williamson (IR)

TE:

Heap

Keller

K:

Graham

Succop

DEF:

Bears

Ravens

2010 Picks: 2 4ths and 1 5th

For the Marshall deal - maybe see if he would take one of your existing picks (1.5 or 1.10) instead of that 2011 one? The only problem is that it will weaken your already shaky RB corp even more, but Marshall is a top-5 WR in PPR scoring, so you definitely have to think about it.

Maybe see if he would be willing to throw in McGahee or Felix Jones, so that you at least get SOMETHING back at the RB position? If you have to go all Rookie RBs next season, odds are that 2011 pick will be fairly high, which is why I would see if he would be willing to take either the 1.5 or 1.10 instead.