[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Massachusetts mother creates software to keep drivers from texting...

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133365/

WELLESLEY, Mass. -- A mother from Concord demonstrated her application in Wellesley on Tuesday that disconnects drivers at just the right time.

Parents can put the iZup software on cell phones to prevent teens from sending or receiving texts or calls when they drive. The software kicks in at 5 mph and doesn’t turn off for red lights or traffic. The program even works if one is a passenger.

“If they’re not given a choice, if you just say if you want the privileges of driving, you have to have this application on your phone. I think it’s a really good thing,” said mother Tracy Cranley.

iZup company co-founder Darcy Ahl is already talking to cities like Boston and companies who want employees to have cell phones, but not use them while driving.

“I think it would be hard to adjust to at first, but I think it’s really worth the effort to try and restrain yourself from calling while on the phone,” said 17-year-old Katie Cranley.

Ahl was inspired to create iZup after watching her teenage son weave across the road while on his cell phone.

“I was badly frightened by the experience and found myself wondering out loud if there wasn’t some way to keep him and other teenagers off the phone while they were learning to drive,” said Ahl.

iZup software does allow calls to 9-1-1 and the cell phone owner’s parents.

The downloadable software starts at $5 a month or $50 a year.

That is a GREAT idea!!

+1

Some bitch almost drove into the back of me the other day while texting. I think she thought the light turned so she was texting and rolling forward at the same time. Luckily, she looked up and saw my middle finger out the window with the horn blaring.

+1

Some bitch almost drove into the back of me the other day while texting. I think she thought the light turned so she was texting and rolling forward at the same time. Luckily, she looked up and saw my middle finger out the window with the horn blaring.

you have class