[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"New Messages"

Avernus

My inbox said I had "1 New Message", but there wasn't a new message....and then I saw my folder was 94% full and I deleted some...

now I have 0 New Messages....did a message get lost in the shuffle?...

I'm not sure who handles this, so I posted the problem here...

-thanks in advance..

We have no access to, or control over, any individual PM inbox or system. So sorry, can't be of much help here - other than to say the message should have been there if you were under 100% full.

Just a thought:

If you are referring to the "X new Messages" display on the top right, I have observed the following behavior:

1) When receiving a new message, the indicator on the upper left says "1 New Message". A popup appears also.

2) I read the message in the popup window. Still says "1 New Message"

3) Visit PM box. All messages including the one I read in the popup window are already marked as read.

4) After exiting the PM box, going back to the forum displays, it now says "0 New Messages"

Chances are you experienced something similar and had indeed already read the new message, but the status had not updated until you went into the box to clear out some room.

Just a thought:

If you are referring to the "X new Messages" display on the top right, I have observed the following behavior:

1) When receiving a new message, the indicator on the upper left says "1 New Message". A popup appears also.

2) I read the message in the popup window. Still says "1 New Message"

3) Visit PM box. All messages including the one I read in the popup window are already marked as read.

4) After exiting the PM box, going back to the forum displays, it now says "0 New Messages"

Chances are you experienced something similar and had indeed already read the new message, but the status had not updated until you went into the box to clear out some room.

this would be true except I didn't receive a new message for weeks....

it's no big deal, nothing that can be done anyways....

thanks anyways to both you and WW

• WJW locked this topic