[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Advice

Howdy,

I'm in a dynasty league where through bad choices, injuries and possible retirements have been left dead at RB and thin at WR.

I Give:

Andre Johnson

I Get:

Calvin Johnson

Darren Sproles

It is a 1 PPR ( all positions ) non IDP 12 team dynasty where you start 1 QB 1-2 RB 3-4 WR 1 TE

My team ( less K and Def )

Jake Delhomme

Kevin Kolb

Kurt Warner

Glen Coffee

Justin Fargas

Chris Jennings ( CLE )

Kevin Smith

Brian Westbrook

Ricky Williams

Andre Johnson

Sidney Rice

Santana Moss

Roy WIlliams

Isaac Bruce

Lavernaues Coles

Dallas Clark

Kevin Boss

His Team ( less K and Def )

Trent Edwards

Phillip Rivers

Shonn Greene

Fred Jackson

Marshawn Lynch

Knowshon Moreno

Darren Sproles

Lee Evans

James Hardy

Calvin Johnson

James Jones

Brandon Marshall

Randy Moss

Terrell Owens

Eddie Royal

Heath Miller

Zach Miller

Additionally I have the 5th pick in rounds 1-4 for the rookie draft, he has 1.12, 3.03, 4.03

The question is do I deal away my best player for an emerging stud WR that is 4 years younger and a RB that while not flashy certainly helps me? Do I ask for a better back? Or do I reject it and enjoy 100+ catches and 1500 yards a year from AJ and hope to strike gold with a RB in the thin offensive draft this year. I am thinking that I will reject it and slug it out through the draft or other trades but I thought I would get some other thoughts first.

Thanks

Interesting!

I'm in a few dynasty leagues, and pretty active on the dynastyrogues.com messageboard.

They rank the WRs

1) Calvin

2) Fitz

3) AJ

4) White

and so on.

I had a dynasty startup draft last year, and I took Calvin at the 1.6, Andre went a couple of pics afterwards.

I bet most of the dynasty veterans on that messageboard would even endorse trading Andre away for Calvin straight up. Remember how long it took Andre to be a stud, he was an injury prone bust for the 1st couple of seasons. To give you an idea as to how long he's been in the league, the same year he was drafted, the 2 best producing running backs from that draft were Larry Johnson & Willis McGahee. Now they're considered has-beens. Calvin was a bust last year, but he's following the same development path that Andre did, and he's got more physical abilities.

But on the other hand, Andre is a stud, and he's great to root for. I own Calvin, and if someone offered me Andre for him, would I accept? Hmmmmm, tough call. I might, but I might not. I'm 50/50 on it.

Since you're getting a running back, that should tip the scale in the "accept" favor. However, I'm not that big on Sproles. Fun to watch, but his stats are inconsistent.

By the way, his team is much stronger than yours. If he has Andre, Marshall, & Moss, he will be kicking butt. I bet he covets Andre & would offer up a bit more to pry him away from you. I would counter with Andre/Kevin Smith for Calvin/Shonne Greene or something like that. Maybe throw in Kurt Warner as an added bonus :wacko:

I bet he covets Andre & would offer up a bit more to pry him away from you. I would counter with Andre/Kevin Smith for Calvin/Shonne Greene or something like that.
This would be really nice for you, but if it isn't an option I'd probably be satisfied with the original offer.

:coach:I bet most of the dynasty veterans on that messageboard would even endorse trading Andre away for Calvin straight up. Remember how long it took Andre to be a stud, he was an injury prone bust for the 1st couple of seasons. To give you an idea as to how long he's been in the league, the same year he was drafted, the 2 best producing running backs from that draft were Larry Johnson & Willis McGahee. Now they're considered has-beens. Calvin was a bust last year, but he's following the same development path that Andre did, and he's got more physical abilities.

I'm not sure where you want to go with your comparison between the 2 but its not totally accurate

1- AJ has played 7 seasons- His 3rd year (2005) he missed 3 games, his 5th (2007) he missed 7 games. Both of those seasons he still caught over 60 balls (do the ppg math there). in 2005 in 9 games he had 8 TDs. In his other 5 seasons he missed 0 games and none that last 2 years. Conversely CJ has missed games 2 of the 3 seasons he's played. Versus 2 seasons in 7, who is more injury prone? :wacko:

2- No sure the relevance of the RBs? AJ will be 29 when the season starts giving his at least 4 more stud seasons if not more. Plus he plays with a stud QB in a good offense. CJ plays for...Detroit.

Pretty easy call IMO- A potential "stud" playing on a terrible team with a ? at QB or a proven stud who works hard an isn't a prima donna?

I'll take AJ everytime

BTW- CJ's best season would have been better than 3 of AJs. The 2 he got hurt and his rookie year.

Lots of dynasty teams finish in 8th place cause they are "loaded with potential".

Edited by Zooty

you have a diaper dirtty team. why are you worried about keeping a more productive player today instead of acquiring a better player for tomorrow?

you should have taken that trade from the beginning.