[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PC Trouble Shooting

Duchess Jack

so a couple years back, the computer I use with my TV started doing some weird things. Sometimes when you start it up it would hang up somewhere in the stuff that deals with the bios and start a rapid chirping sound. it sounded like an alarm on the board.

sometimes I could try to restart it like another 4-5 times and it would eventually stop - sometimes it took a day or two. There were a couple problems where I could not start it for like a week. I tried to read up on the chirping and alarms and such on the internet - I believe I also posted something here. I took the PC apart - put an old video card in to see if it was the fan chirping. Left the side off so I could locate the chirping - nothing. Tired of not having that PC when I needed it, I went out and grabbed a new one.

around a month or two in - it started to do the same thing. it was at this point that I considered the cabinet on my entertainment center might not have been allowing either room to breath and that they might be over hearting. So took the side of the PC off again - always left that door open and downgraded my memory card to see if that would keep the computer from heating up so quickly. So - I have been rolling with this problem with the new PC for like 3-4 months now - and I found the problem.

being that this is my TV computer and the TV is a distance away - I had a wireless mouse and keyboard. the chirping was from my keyboard being put off to the side and having one or more keys depressed. that is why sometimes it was an hour and sometimes it was a week - it all depended on if the keyboard was moved out of the position causing the problem.

sadly it wasn't even me who put it together - it was the wench.

:wacko:

Edited by Duchess Jack