[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rice is nice? Or not

Sidney Rice is a good WR.

But is his production going to be completely tethered to Favre? Favre really knew how to use him and he performed well. I think he is just getting to understand his potential and could be a strong WR for years.

That said, is he 2010 campaign hosed without Favre. I can't even remember who the backup is. I think they finally gave up on someone, not sure if they dumped Tavaras Jackson or the other guy, whose name escapes me.

Will he drift to average this season and if so, I may try to trade him if I find a hungry suitor.

I went after Rice and got him for cheap in my league as I liked him for awhile. I'm just worried without a decent QB, I might do better getting trade value for him.

Thoughts?

I certainly think he has higher value with Favre there compared to any of their other options, but the impetus to trade him would depend on the rest of your roster and what it looks like you can get in return. If you can't get what you perceive as fair value, Rice should still be a usable WR