[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So my team sucks, Drew Brees in the only good player..

I'm looking to move Drew Brees in a 14 team dynasty league. my roster is below. a guy wants offered me ronnie brown and aquan boldin for brees and maroney. Another guy offered matt forte, greg jennings and rothlesberger for brees and kellen winslow. I don't think either of those trades are good trades. should i be getting more for Brees?

Starters

Drew Brees, NO QB

RB LaDainian Tomlinson, NYJ RB

RB Fred Jackson, Buf RB

RB/WR Kevin Smith, Det RB

WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Sea WR

WR Antonio Bryant, Cin WR K

WR Laurent Robinson, StL WR K P

TE Owen Daniels, Hou TE K Q

LB Lance Briggs, Chi LB K

LB D.J. Williams, Den LB K

DL Robert Mathis, Ind DE

DL Julius Peppers, Chi DE K

DB Charles Tillman, Chi CB

DB Jordan Babineaux, Sea S

K Robbie Gould, Chi K

BENCH

Kellen Winslow, TB TE

DeMeco Ryans, Hou LB

Kyle Orton, Den QB

Donnie Avery, StL WR

Laurence Maroney, NE RB K

Donte' Stallworth, Bal WR

You have an questionable group of RB's with the only certainty being Kevin Smith's bad knee. You could also use help at WR and the 1st offer you had could be interesting, but doesn't leave you with a QB who's certain to start. Is it possible you could pick up someone who is a young starting QB with dynasty potential?

The first trade is terrible, the second is not so good. Ronnie Brown is coming off a serious injury. Brees is one of the top players so don't trade him just for the sake of making a trade. You don't have a good backup so you're going to need a good qb in return and then a stud rb (maybe not a 1st tier guy but someone in the 2nd tier; someone better than forte for example). You're rb's are not good and is more of a dire need than wr.

• 2 weeks later...

so now he's offereing ronnie brown and marques colston..... i'm thinking..

this is his roster...

QB David Garrard, Jac QB

RB Brandon Jacobs, NYG RB

RB Ronnie Brown, Mia RB

RB/WR Jerome Harrison, Cle RB

WR Reggie Wayne, Ind WR

WR Marques Colston, NO WR

WR Anquan Boldin, Bal WR

TE Dallas Clark, Ind TE

LB

LB

DL Anthony Spencer, Dal DE

DB Brian Dawkins, Den S

K Mason Crosby, GB K

BENCH

Bench Marshawn Lynch, Buf RB

Bench Tony Gonzalez, Atl TE

Bench Clinton Portis, Was RB

Bench Nate Burleson, Det WR

Bench Tim Hightower, Ari RB

Bench Devin Aromashodu, Chi WR

Bench Julian Edelman, NE WR

Bench Kevin Walter, Hou WR

Bench Seneca Wallace, Cle QB

Bench Charlie Whitehurst, Sea QB

Bench LenDale White, Sea RB

Bench Ryan Torain, Was RB

so now he's offereing ronnie brown and marques colston..... i'm thinking..

Nothing to think about. Don't make that trade. I personally thing the Brown/Boldin trade was a better offer (thining Boldin will now have a hugh year out of Fitz' shadow) and that one sucked. If you do trade Brees, you need to make sure you are getting a decent QB in return, plus a young RB/WR that will start, otherwise you are hurting your team.

What draft pick does this other owner have? If one that you could draft a QB, then maybe you can reach a deal. I agree that you are in rebuilding mode, so you need to focus on young players, not veterans with 2-3 years left. Trading Brees now after his career season could be a great start for your rbuilding efforts. Just don't give him away without getting some solid building material back.

Edited by DO Jaded

Have him throw in Lendale White and I might just do that deal. Yes, you are giving up the #1 QB, but getting 3 starters for your roster. Take Bradford with your #6 pick, use #13 for best RB/WR available, and grab Clausen or Colt McCoy with your next pick.

At least that's how I'd start the rebuilding process. :tup: But then that's why my dynasty QBs are Freeman, A.Smith, and Stafford. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
ok so now i'm being offered this.

anquan boldin

marques colston

brandon jacobs

for

drew brees

...he also has portis on the bench. im thinking about asking for portis instead of jacobs...any advice?

I'd do it with either Jacobs or Portis, but I'd try to get Wayne instead of Colston,,,

ok so now i'm being offered this.

anquan boldin

marques colston

brandon jacobs

for

drew brees

...he also has portis on the bench. im thinking about asking for portis instead of jacobs...any advice?

I'd get a deal that includes a pretty good QB. It's not really going to help your team very much if you lose all of the points you gained by taking the downgrade from Brees to Orton.