[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

3 player carryover - who to protect?

I'm in a 3 player carry over league.

I hold the 7th pick in every round of the draft with no picks in the 2nd and 4th rounds

I currenly have on my roster

QB P. Rivers

RB A. Peterson (MIN)

R. Rice

WR G. Jennings

M. Crabtree

Of the lot I would protect Rivers, AP and Rice

However, I'm strongly considering attempting to trade Rice for the #1 overall pick and some other picks...(they guys team is bad and he could use a top5 back)....and keep Jennings

Crabtree I like but not enough yet to protect ...especially when I have Jennings and Rice on my roster.

So my question to all of you is:

Keep Rice or Trade him and keep Jennings...for the #1 pick on someone like Spiller or the back that went to SD in the draft.

I'm sure there will also be another good pick @ #1 available from the vets who don't get protected.

Sounds like I'm answering my own question....but giving up a top 5 back is generally never a smart move..

Edited by Nightmares

How many teams? I would definately hang on to your stud rb's. If your in ppr, rice is a beast. If you could move Rivers or Jennings and make it worth your while I would try that route instead. Do a two for one with Rivers and Jennings and try for a top wr. Good luck!.

# of teams, scoring system and lineup requirements all come in to play here, as well as who you expect to be left available in the draft.

Other than AP and probably Rice being for sure keepers, can't really answer your other questions (3rd keeper and/or trade options) without that information.