[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DirectTV

tazinib1

Great company... but they don't joke around with their two year contract, so you better be willing to put two years into it.

The only way out of that is to buy it out, or move to a place with no line of sight. (Or TELL them you moved to a place with no line of site, and use your friend's house :wacko:)

as of three years ago, you could suspend service for nine months. we did that, and directv told me it counted against the contract -- so, technically, you could suspend your service 15 months into the 2-year contract and not pay directv anything for the final nine months while you sign up with someone else.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as of three years ago, you could suspend service for nine months. we did that, and directv told me it counted against the contract -- so, technically, you could suspend your service 15 months into the 2-year contract and not pay directv anything for the final nine months while you sign up with someone else.

Very good information here. Not that I'm gonna up and run out on a contract, but its nice to know there is an out if need be.

Very good information here. Not that I'm gonna up and run out on a contract, but its nice to know there is an out if need be.

I would see if anyone has ever tested that theory. One of the reasons DirecTV has that F rating is because reps say stuff that ends up not being true. Then you've got a contract and a vague memory and they've got your money.

I would see if anyone has ever tested that theory. One of the reasons DirecTV has that F rating is because reps say stuff that ends up not being true. Then you've got a contract and a vague memory and they've got your money.

I already have a vague memory...or what I like to refer to as "Some-timers". So I already have 1 strike against me. :wacko:

at the time i suspended our directv account, we had moved to a rental where it was too difficult to hook up satellite, so we went with cable. i was able to suspend my account and was not charged for the time it was suspended. however, we moved again after seven months, and i had directv hooked up at the new place, so i don't know whether the contract i was under had expired and/or how much of the remainder they would've charged me for.

i will say, taz, that this took place in san diego, and the installers were such idiots that that was the main reason we suspended the directv account. hope your experience goes better than ours.