[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fill in starters or Depth?

With a small bench, I'd try to grab only one TE and QB with late byes, like Rivers and Gates. This way, you can use all your bench on RBs and WRs. If you're in the lead, don't even bother trying to win week 10 by attempting to acquire a QB and TE to fill-in.

Given the new information, I probably target a bench of 2 RBs and 2 WRs given that it is only a 10 team league, there will be a viable QB available for bye week coverage, and the same goes for TE, K and D. With 5 starters at RB/WR combined, that is the only real position where you need to carry depth.

Then there are two strategies to employ. Either target the same bye week for your primary QB, TE, K and D and take the hit point wise that week, so that you can keep the extra depth at RB and WR, or, be sure to have no shared bye week with your primary QB, TE, K and D, and utilize one of your bench spots as the revolving bye week filler for those positions. You then just have to make sure you never have more than 3 of your RBs and WRs with the same bye week.

The first strategy keeps you at full strength (assuming you do a good job in the draft) for all but one week (other than your RB/WR bye week coverage), the second is more standard practice with deeper benches, you just rotate the depth with the one bench spot covering 4 positions.

With a small bench, I'd try to grab only one TE and QB with late byes, like Rivers and Gates. This way, you can use all your bench on RBs and WRs. If you're in the lead, don't even bother trying to win week 10 by attempting to acquire a QB and TE to fill-in.

Oh no Opie, we agreed.... the sky may be falling. (My quote is from the original thread)