[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Larry Fitzgerald for Andre Johnson

I'm in a 12-Team Dynasty start-up. We've already had our draft. I've been offered Andre Johnson in exchange for Larry Fitzgerald. Would you do this deal?

Here are my pros about keeping Fitz.

1.) Fitz no longer has Boldin around, which means he could get a lot more targets and see his fantasy numbers go up.

2.) Fitz will turn 27 this August. He's two years younger than AJ, who will turn 29 in July.

Negatives

1.) Matt Leinart won't be able to get the ball to Fitz.

2.) The offense won't be the same without Warner.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Lets just look at the numbers from the last 2 seasons first...then we will look at the situations

Fitz AJ

193, 2532, 25 216, 3144, 17

Over the last 2 seasons, AJ has more catches and more yards while Fitz has more TDs. And over the last season, FItz has a higher ADP (8.9) 12.75. So in looking at the numbers of the last 2 years, both Fitz and Andre3000 have been monsters.

But (mike) the SITUATION makes all the difference. Matt Schaub is a monsters and obviously loves AJ. THey hook up more than your drunk sister at a frat party. Fitz has no QB for 2010, and I mean no QB. So stick with AJ. Age is not a factor and without a quality QB, it doesnt matter than Boldin is gone.

Matt Schaub is a monsters and obviously loves AJ. THey hook up more than your drunk sister at a frat party.

I spit my cereal all over the screen when I read that! :wacko:

I would do the deal. Johnson I think is the number 1 WR around right now. Shaub will throw more and for greater yards than Leinart. Lineart will probably struggle, and I'm thinking Arizona will try running the ball more as a result. I cannot see what you lose by the trade to be honest, as AJ could go on playing at a high level until he's around 34, like R Moss as just one example.

Per the 2010 situations in each market, I like AJ more. Wissenhut, I feel, will change his stategy to be a more run first offense which could either benifit or hurt Fitz.

Granted, I wouldn't mind having either at this point :wacko:

Edited by BearBroncos

AJ is the #1 WR in the now. The 2011 season may not even happen :wacko:

Good point, and Andre Johnson was the #1 WR in 2009, despite only having 9 TDs, imagine what he will be with 12 TDs. Leinart will lean on Fitzgerald, but how long will he be in the starting lineup?

With Fitz's skills, I don't think it matters who's throwing to him. Warner himself said that when he threw a bad ball Fitz's way, he'd go up and get it, and say "Thanks, that's right where I wanted it."... I hope people continue to underestimate him though, because a bad QB and double-teams can only limit Fitz's freakish abilities so much...

That said, AJ is almost equally talented in a better situation, and all the rankings show it... But hell, like some others have said, if the other owner is sold on Fitz that much, then why not see if he'd let go of a little extra to get it done.... I'm not a fan of lateral trades myself, so maybe let him know that a lateral deal doesn't interest you that much, and see what happens...

BTW, this is very unfortunate, but good advice... + :wacko:

AJ is the #1 WR in the now. The 2011 season may not even happen :tup:

With Fitz's skills, I don't think it matters who's throwing to him. Warner himself said that when he threw a bad ball Fitz's way, he'd go up and get it, and say "Thanks, that's right where I wanted it."... I hope people continue to underestimate him though, because a bad QB and double-teams can only limit Fitz's freakish abilities so much...

That said, AJ is almost equally talented in a better situation, and all the rankings show it... But hell, like some others have said, if the other owner is sold on Fitz that much, then why not see if he'd let go of a little extra to get it done.... I'm not a fan of lateral trades myself, so maybe let him know that a lateral deal doesn't interest you that much, and see what happens...

BTW, this is very unfortunate, but good advice... + :wacko:

I didn't realize that he wanted me to trade Fitz plus my 2011 first round pick for AJ. I decided to pass.