[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1 Keeper, Who Do I Keep?

mhorn

I'm in a keeper league where we only get to keep one player. My choices are Rodgers, Mojo or Wayne? I'm thinking probably not Wayne since WR is a pretty deep position, but the choice between Rodgers and Mojo is pretty tough. We start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 rb/wr flex, 1 k.

Here's my leagues scoring system:

1pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving

1pt per 25 yards passing

6pt per TD passing/rushing/receiving

0.5pt per reception

1pt per 25 return yards

To save everyone the trouble of explaining why 6 point TDs is not a good enough reason to justify taking Rodgers in the first (or in this case above a #3 rated keeper), please refer to this great article about why you should almost never take a QB with your first pick.

Like BC and Opie keep saying, FF is about point differential and value... So tell me, is Rodgers really the best value, if he's only likely to score marginally better than Brees, Manning, Romo, Brady, Rivers, Schaub, all of which can be had in the first 5 rounds (not to mention other QBs that could end up on that list by years end)... But MJD is part of short list of elite 3-down backs that are becoming increasingly rare, and thus is why they're all taken at the top.

In short, I would not take a player at any other position over any of those top 5 backs, and a good case has been made for waiting on a QB, unless extraordinary value presents itself.

Edited by delusions of granduer

These are all great points. Thanks for bringing me to my senses guys. My league just became a keeper league this season and so to ease everyone in to the idea we decided to start with only 1 keeper for this season.