[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Meachum for Jerome Harrison

Ed Hoyle

I have been offered Robert Meachum for Jerome Harrison.

My gut tells me "NO", but am getting advice. (Don't want any more stupid trades before asking...YES I've learned.)

1 PPR

1 Pt. 10 yds. rush/rec.

6 pts. TD

Start 9 players

1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 ST/D (3 Util. Players combo WR/RB/TE...but cannot start more than 3 RB)

My Team:

QB = V. Young, J. Freeman

RB = Mendenhall, Forte, J. Harrison

WR = A. Collie, D. Aromashodu

TE = Winslow, Danels

We kept 9 and are in a 16 Team league. Rookie/Discard Draft in August.

This seems to a very "even" deal to me ... Meachem at least appears to be ready for a solid season, although certainly not top 20 numbers, but he should crack the top 25-30 WRs ... risk factor is his staying healthy & the fact that NOS have many weapons.Harrison had a strong finish to last season but is really an unproven commodity, on a terrible team that is (one again) in the midst of a total rebuilding effort. So the decision hinges I think on a few things:

- Meachem appears to have a lower ceiling but a higher floor production-wise, and is likely a "safer" player to own, with less of a potential top-end reward in the offing.

- Harrison is all about risk vs reward ... he could be a part-time player all season, he could see little action at all, or he could (maybe, not likely, but it's possible) manage an entire season similar to his production over the final 3-4 games of last year.

Given the above 2 statements ... are you ready to run the risk that Harrison brings in order to shoot for the possible rewards? In addition, in your league, will it be easier for you on draft day to find a replacement RB (should you part with Harrison) or easier to add a WR comarable to what you expect Meachem's production to be? Even though I am by no means a Harrison fan, and have little optimism that CLE will be able to get their house in order in the near term (2-3 years) future, I think I'd be very tempted to take the risk associated with Harrison, and hope for the best.