[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iphone OS4 Software Upgrade

gbpfan1231

So I downloaded the new software yesterday and can now play Pandora in the background while still surfing the net.

My question is - how do I now turn it off? Is the only way to go back to Pandora and hit the pause button? When I do this it stops but is it technically still running and using up data?

To kill an app, double press the button to bring up the task manager, click and hold on an app to make them wiggle, then click on the app you want to close when the "Do Not Enter" sign appears on them. This will completely close the application.

From A Q&A with Steve Jobs and Scott Forstall on iOS 4 task management:

Q: How do you close applications when multitasking?

A: (Scott Forstall) You don't have to. The user just uses things and doesn't ever have to worry about it.

A: (Steve Jobs) It's like we said on the iPad, if you see a stylus, they blew it. In multitasking, if you see a task manager... they blew it. Users shouldn't ever have to think about it.

Thanks a lot Steve Jobs...you took a feature that's needed, decided you felt it didn't need it, and then still implemented it in a very cumbersome way. I bet we're just holding it wrong though...

To kill an app, double press the button to bring up the task manager, click and hold on an app to make them wiggle, then click on the app you want to close when the "Do Not Enter" sign appears on them. This will completely close the application.

From A Q&A with Steve Jobs and Scott Forstall on iOS 4 task management:

Thanks a lot Steve Jobs...you took a feature that's needed, decided you felt it didn't need it, and then still implemented it in a very cumbersome way. I bet we're just holding it wrong though...

Thanks.

I assume if you just pause Pandora that you are still not using data right? It is technically running in the background but really not doing anything????