[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

16 team league

I joined a 16 team league that for now is just going to be a trial year to see how the other members like. Just wondering what draft stratagies are best (i.e. rb/rb, wr/wr, qb/?) and how many teams should make the playoffs (thinking 6 or 8). For stratgey I was thinking about going either wr/wr or qb/rb because I feel in such a big league you need to have a weekly advantage somehere in your line-up.

Yeah, we're really not going to be able to tell you much until we see your roster settings and your potential draft position. That being said, taking a QB in the first round isn't out of the question at all, especially if you're at the bottom of the draft in a 16-team league.

Impossible to give advice without scoring rules and roster requirements. What's your draft position?

This. Lineup requirements and scoring system will determine some generic advice, but adapting to the flow of the draft and any potential knowledge of your opponents draft tendencies are key.

adapting to the flow of the draft and any potential knowledge of your opponents draft tendencies are key.

+ 1. Although I do tend to find the most value in some combination of 2 RBs and 2 WRs in the first four rounds (unless a stud QB presents extraordinary draft value), I've only found it to be counter-productive to go into a draft handcuffing myself with any strategy...

Rather, you go with the BPA in your eyes, but at the same time keeping in mind how you will address the positions you neglect by going in that particular direction. This is where I think mock drafts are essential to be able to have a better idea of who is likely to be on the board with your later picks that you can grab....

Other than that, the only other decision you need to make is whether you think this guy will score enough above the average to justify him as your pick.

yes yes sorry about not giving scoring and such I knew better 1 pt 20 rush/rec 1 pt 50 pass 6 pt all tds

start qb rb rb wr wr wr/rb te draft pos was nopt determined yet but I was just looking for some generic advice in a bigger league as such does going rb rb give a advantage in a 16 team league as opposed to wr wr for example

yes yes sorry about not giving scoring and such I knew better 1 pt 20 rush/rec 1 pt 50 pass 6 pt all tds

start qb rb rb wr wr wr/rb te draft pos was nopt determined yet but I was just looking for some generic advice in a bigger league as such does going rb rb give a advantage in a 16 team league as opposed to wr wr for example

With this setup, RBS have hugh value. There are 32 required starting RBs plus flexes. You do not want to end up having to start the likes of Kevin Faulk every week because you waited to go RB. With only 2 required WRs per team, their value is deflated compared to RBs. You could wait on QB, but, depending on draft flow, I would possibly look to address the position as early as the 3rd round, depending on what pick you have and what you were able to get in the first two rounds.

In this setup, go RB early and often. Any semblance of depth at RB will be beyond hugh in value.

in a bigger league as such does going rb rb give a advantage in a 16 team league as opposed to wr wr for example

Definitely depends on which ones you're talking about... But generally, yes, I think you'd probably be putting yourself at a greater disadvantage by going WR/WR in a league where you're required to start 2, and can even start 3 backs.

But again, I would not go RB/RB if they're not the best players out there.

Let me do my best BC impression here: You pick the guys who you think have the best point differential vs. the average at their position. You can look at last years overall point totals and those per position for reference to see in which positions, guys and tiers tend to greatly outperform others at their position...

Or if that's too complicated, just get a rankings sheet you trust, and be mindful of filling all of your positions with quality players, however you may decide to do that...

Edited by delusions of granduer

With this setup, RBS have hugh value. There are 32 required starting RBs plus flexes. You do not want to end up having to start the likes of Kevin Faulk every week because you waited to go RB. With only 2 required WRs per team, their value is deflated compared to RBs. You could wait on QB, but, depending on draft flow, I would possibly look to address the position as early as the 3rd round, depending on what pick you have and what you were able to get in the first two rounds.

In this setup, go RB early and often. Any semblance of depth at RB will be beyond hugh in value.

Well, I guess mine wasn't that good of an impression, but we're in agreement about the importance of RBs in this format.... Either way, if you're going to go WR/WR in nearly any format, you have to have some serious confidence that you can pick the right lower-tier RBs later.

Edited by delusions of granduer

alright looks like everybody agrees on rb/rb any sleepers between the 12-20 rb rankings that you guys suggest in the 2nd because Im going to assume most of the rb ones will be taken regardless of what pick i have in the 2nd also it is a 16 round draft

alright looks like everybody agrees on rb/rb any sleepers between the 12-20 rb rankings that you guys suggest in the 2nd because Im going to assume most of the rb ones will be taken regardless of what pick i have in the 2nd also it is a 16 round draft

Ahem

Look below :wacko:

Only if they are the best player on the board (odds are your 2nd pick will be a RB or a QB, IMO, depending on what pick you have and what is more likely to be there in the 3rd round). I see very few scenarios with this kind of setup that would see me going WR before the 3rd round, more likely the 4th round.

ETA: Delusions, I thought it was a pretty spot on impression, I merely commented to reinforce the position.

Edited by Big Country