[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama appoints new Medicare administrator

bpwallace49

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one thing I'm curious about though. what exactly is the difference between this...

...and sarah palin's "death panels"? for all the hand-wringing over the vile and contemptible fearmongering with respect to "death panels", it sure seems like the only real difference between what people like berwick believe and what people like palin say they believe is semantic. :wacko:

Marketing, I suppose. I don't have a problem with "death panels" or whatever you want to call them. Finite public resources have to be allocated in a way that produces the greatest utilitarian benefit. Some older/incurable people are going to die a little sooner than they might otherwise have. But I'm fine with that *if* it results in the greatest aggregate benefit to the members in the same pool of shared risk. And if you weren't such a bleeding heart liberal you'd agree with me.