[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Walmart to offer college assistance

Avernus

This program is actually a good idea. Works perfect for the student who is working part-time and is a nice career changeover incentive for a person approaching there 1st retirement. I don't see anything wrong with it? :wacko:

This program is actually a good idea. Works perfect for the student who is working part-time and is a nice career changeover incentive for a person approaching there 1st retirement. I don't see anything wrong with it? :wacko:

I still don't understand how working at walmart should/could help you earn credits towards your education?...

actually, it makes sense for the new america....we hardly make anything anymore, so we might as well award college credits for spending a certain dollar amount since we're a country based on spending/consumption.....

walmart has the right idea, but their heart is in the wrong place....they should be offering college credits to customers who keep supporting the filthy monster that they have become..

all hail walmart...

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/06/04/w...nce-to-workers/

apparently they will offer assistance for online courses and you can even earn credits on the job!!!! :wacko:

"If I ring up another 350 customers, I'll get another .5 credits towards my online college course!!! :tup:"

because everyone that works in retail rings up customers, stocks shelves or folds things :oldrolleyes:

because everyone that works in retail rings up customers, stocks shelves or folds things :oldrolleyes:

what do people at Walmart do other than that?...

you said retail like I was targeting all of retail and not just Walmart :wacko:

what do people at Walmart do other than that?...

you said retail like I was targeting all of retail and not just Walmart :wacko:

How 'bout personnel management, supply chain management, inventory management, marketing, all the people who manage the properties/buildings/fleet of trucks/etc. You have some pretty narrow blinders on about Wal-mart, dude.

How 'bout personnel management, supply chain management, inventory management, marketing, all the people who manage the properties/buildings/fleet of trucks/etc. You have some pretty narrow blinders on about Wal-mart, dude.

you talk as if we are in dire need of those positions and that we aren't over-saturated by people who went to school for marketing etc....

we don't need more people educated on how to promote spending.....we need people to be educated on how to create something new....which is why China is going to own the US by 2020 at this rate...

we are a nation of consumers and the best jobs are the one's where you try to convince people to spend more than what they actually have...

getting a degree via the assistance of Walmart isn't my idea of help...

you talk as if we are in dire need of those positions and that we aren't over-saturated by people who went to school for marketing etc....

we don't need more people educated on how to promote spending.....we need people to be educated on how to create something new....which is why China is going to own the US by 2020 at this rate...

we are a nation of consumers and the best jobs are the one's where you try to convince people to spend more than what they actually have...

getting a degree via the assistance of Walmart isn't my idea of help...

wow

Yup - their supply chain is world class - has to be to make money in a business with thin margins.