[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trading 1st overall pick

Gourdeau

I have the 1st overall pick In our ten team league. I am starting to get some interest for trades, as I have let it be known that I want Andre Johnson. With the advice from you fine folks, you suggested that I try and trade down. What should I expect in return if I trade my 1.01 for say the 1.05 or 1.06......

We are a non ppr, 6pts rush/rec/pass TD's, 1 pt every 10 rush/rec yards and 1 pt every 25 pass yards with roster

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/RB/TE flex, D, K, IDP, IDP. Bench x 6

I wouldn't trade down. I'd be willing to trade it for an established player, but in this rookie draft, there's Mathews and then a big drop off in a non-PPR.

I should add this is a non keeper, re draft league, Are you saying I am better off drafting, then seeing what I can get from the AJ owner for say AP or CJ2K and another WR?

I'm kind of taking a shot in the dark here, since I've never even thought about trading down from a high first round pick, let alone the #1 pick; But for starters, I would want them to swap you 2nd rounders too, because if you're going AJ in the first, then I wouldn't want to have to wait until the last pick of the second round to address RB in particular . Other than that I might be looking to pick up a pick in one of the first 7 rounds to make it worth it, but even then I'm unsure if it's good value or not..

Why not just take CJ or AP there? I really don't understand why you're so fixated on AJ, when he only scored marginally better than the other top 10 receivers last year and is no lock to repeat, whereas there is a significant dropoff after the top 5 backs (particluarly compared to the top 2).

Should I just refer you to what BC said in your previous post, because with your 2WR format, it is extremely advantageous to have a top back, even moreso than it is in pretty much any other format. Forget about AJ and do what is best for your team.

(ETA: Okay in PPR, then maybe the bump you get with AJ is significant, but I don't think it's worth passing on a top back.)

Edited by delusions of granduer

You get what you can get.

Minimally, I would want to swap 1st and 2nds and then either get their 3rd for my 4th or their 4th for my 6th. Something along those lines.

But, delusions even pointed it out, in your league setup, there is just such a strong advantage to having a top back that I can't really reccomend this course of action as an ideal path to take, even if you get offered what I stated it would take to get me to consider the move down.

You get what you can get.

Minimally, I would want to swap 1st and 2nds and then either get their 3rd for my 4th or their 4th for my 6th. Something along those lines.

But, delusions even pointed it out, in your league setup, there is just such a strong advantage to having a top back that I can't really reccomend this course of action as an ideal path to take, even if you get offered what I stated it would take to get me to consider the move down.

I value everyone's advice on this site, you have me convinced, I'm dropping the idea of getting AJ, and will be going with AP over CJ. Then I will most likely take the top 2 WR's remaining on the board.

Thanks guys

I value everyone's advice on this site, you have me convinced, I'm dropping the idea of getting AJ, and will be going with AP over CJ. Then I will most likely take the top 2 WR's remaining on the board.

Thanks guys

Considering my leagues set up, what is the best time to take a QB, in all my Mock Drafts i've been waiting until mid rounds 6.7.8 and by the end of the Draft I usually end up with an Eli /Ryan, or Cutler/Ryan or Favre/Flacco combo. I really like the depth I get in return at the other positions if I wait. Should I be confident enough in the QB's i've listed?

Considering my leagues set up, what is the best time to take a QB, in all my Mock Drafts i've been waiting until mid rounds 6.7.8 and by the end of the Draft I usually end up with an Eli /Ryan, or Cutler/Ryan or Favre/Flacco combo. I really like the depth I get in return at the other positions if I wait. Should I be confident enough in the QB's i've listed?

I've won many a title with that kind of strategy.

If you take the time to truly study the schedule, you can find some good 2 or 3 headed QB combos that, at least on paper, provide you with a strong matchup every week.