[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lawn article on MSN

Rovers

Crabgrass preventers: I use two different herbicides for this. First is pendimethaline, the stuff Scotts uses and they call it Halts. It is effective, but does not offer "season long control" as Scotts claims. It does not have a long residual. Use it in April, and you will get some breakthrough in August. When I use pendi, I use it again around June 1st. That will get you through August.

The other is prodiamine. AKA Barricade. This has a much longer residual, but it's almost too long. It hangs around for a long time, and will interfere with the gremination rates of fall grass seedings. It can make fall spot repairs difficult to do sucessfully. I use it on badly infested lawns. If I have to do fall spot repairs, i dig some of the soil out and replace it with fresh top soil.

Prodiamine offer excellent summer annual control. Dimension (dithiopyr) works well also, plus it is not yellow.

Rovers have you ever used The Andersons products? Excellent stuff.

Prodiamine offer excellent summer annual control. Dimension (dithiopyr) works well also, plus it is not yellow.

Rovers have you ever used The Andersons products? Excellent stuff.

Dimension is prohibited here, but it is the third option in other areas. Since it is prohibited, I have never used it and thereforer can't really comment on it. It is widely used in other parts of the country.

Andersons and Lebanon are usually my preffered manufacturers. Lebanon Mesa ia an awsome fert technology.

I experimented with a company called Panttech, their 6-0-0 14$ iron low growth fert this spring. Lawns turned a beautiful dark emerald green. This is now my mid summer fert of choice.

Some people swear by Milorganite, but I'll pass. It stinks. I mean it really stinks. it is made from human waste.