[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think I've got gout

polksalet

Dude, Chiropractors are freaking voodoo witch almost doctors. Go see a real doctor. You'd be just as good going to get a rub down from Wiegie as a chiropractor. Your problem probably stems from the crazy stuff the chiropractor has been doing to you over the past few years.

I was in a bulldozer accident in 97. My back hurt to the point to point I had about decided to end my life. I had 5 mri's and they told me it was in my head. I spent two years on opiates and other drugs to ease my symptoms. As a last resort I went to the local chiro. He fixed me in 3 visits.

It turns out I was correct about the niacin, we thing. GP thinks it somehow aggravated my cartilage. SO I'm cutting out niacin for a few days and see what happens.

It turns out I was correct about the niacin, we thing. GP thinks it somehow aggravated my cartilage. SO I'm cutting out niacin for a few days and see what happens.

Hopefully with just that one change you'll be good as new! :wacko:

Afraid this affliction is in the cards for my future. Genetics, kidney issues and miniature flare ups in my big toe joints now...

My mom and grandma are tough women and major cases of gout floor both of them. :wacko: Mom is big on cherry juice and keeps shellfish intake to a minumum.

Hopefully with just that one change you'll be good as new! :wacko:

I keeping up with the lamisil for 3 more days and see what happens. In another week i'll resume niacin to see what's up. Hopefully by then by left thumb will have returned to normal.

I'm thinking you may have to stop niacin supplementation permanently.

I was going to say that too... but I'm no doctor. Polk, did you visit the GP or just talk to him? He thinks it might be OK to get back on the niacin?

I would suggest trying to control your trig count through diet. Niacin has already proven it creates complications for you... why go back on it, especially so soon?

I'm thinking you may have to stop niacin supplementation permanently.

He suggested only doing 500mg since I had no side effects and adding 500mg slow release along with it. He also said that I should prob be on 2,000mg/day. I told him he was freaking crazy, literally. So anyhow I'm gonna play it by ear and see how the symptoms work out.

This was a doc I work out with at gym, not normal GP. Normal doc takes about 2 hours to get into. This guy guarantees you will see a doc in less than 30 minutes of checking in. It's a pretty sweet deal.

I was going to say that too... but I'm no doctor. Polk, did you visit the GP or just talk to him? He thinks it might be OK to get back on the niacin?

I would suggest trying to control your trig count through diet. Niacin has already proven it creates complications for you... why go back on it, especially so soon?

I spent about 45 minutes with him at his office today. Things were slow so we had a long visit. I know him on a personal level but it was my first visit. He was curious about my exercise routine and how I managed to correct every out of whack thing in my body while simultaneously jacking my trig up. Either way I have to get it under control. It runs in the men in my family and I am fighting against genetics.