[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going for KOLB!

I can't help but think he's going to be a stud this year. I know it's a leap, but I'm thinking about doing what I have to in order to get him.

Right now I have Eli Manning. I am thinking about making him the offer of Eli + a decent back that I don't plan on using very much, such as Brandon Jacobs. Would that be giving up entirely way too much to get him? I thought about doing Eli for Kolb straight up, but Kolb has higher projections and there is really no incentive for the other guy to accept the offer. My other QB is Brett Favre. Assume that I don't have any worries at RB.

Does the other owner have a need for fodder RB and any idea hohe feels about Kolb and/or Eli?

If he has no need at RB, then it is a pointless offer, unless he likes Eli more than Kolb and feels he is making out. Then again, in that situation, he;d also likely do a straight up swap.

believe it or not, I think they are going to produce the about the same. They both have great wrs, Kolb has a better te, but Gmen have a better run game to set up the pa pass. I mean how many teams are going to keep biting on the pa pass to djax. They shouln't fear Mccoy. Also, Eli has the edge as far as not getting hurt and missing any time. He's a Manning. He eats ice cream and shats steel!!

If you are absolutely sold on Kolb and must have him, go ahead and try it. Personally, If I were drafting a QB down in that range I would take Manning over Kolb, and some of the reasons have already been noted. I certainly don't think there is enough difference between them to give up anything "extra" in a trade. That's just my take on it though. I think Manning is underrated, the team is shifting to more of a passing offense now that they have the weapons in place to do it. We know what Eli can do, and how much he has improved over the last few years. We THINK Kolb will be good, and people are paying a bit of a premium for the perceived upside. He should be good, but I wouldn't trade the farm to take on risk when you are set up as nicely as you are right now.

Does the other owner have a need for fodder RB and any idea hohe feels about Kolb and/or Eli?

If he has no need at RB, then it is a pointless offer, unless he likes Eli more than Kolb and feels he is making out. Then again, in that situation, he;d also likely do a straight up swap.

+1 bigtime...sharpen your negotiation skills.

I see Manning and Kolb as fairly even so giving up a potentially solid RB2 in Jacobs sounds like a bit much IMO. Even if you're strong at RB, you always have to factor in injuries at that position especially if one of your top 2 is injury prone based on his past.