[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

dynasty league keeper questions

lucaszimm

hey guys-

I amnew to this site and looking to get some advice on some tough decisions I have to make here shortly as FPO (franchise player option) declaration date is coming up on the 14th of this month.

I play in a competitive 12 team serpentine draft keeper league where 9 teams get 2 keepers (based on years in league), 2 teams get 1 keeper and new teams get 0 (we have 1 new owner this year) Scoring is standard PPR with performance (longer touchdowns=bonus points) but the catch comes with TE who get 2 points per reception. On my roster right now I have Gates, Finley, and Celek that are on my FPO radar. Notable names that will be kept this year and out of the draft pool include: MJD, CJ, Turner, AJ, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Rice, Moss B Marsh, Schaub, D Williams, V Davis.

I am drafting in the 4th spot this year (yeah, I sucked last year) but was able to make some pretty awesome deals throughout the year to get some extra picks in the draft. I have the 4th overall 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 3 4ths, and 4 5ths. While our league drafts for 15 rounds, I am done with my draft by the 15 round.

I guess that my questions are many:

1. Picking 2 of the 3 TEs on my rostter (Gates, Celek, and Finley) what two should I pick? (there is no compensation given for keepers)

2. Who should I target at the 4th spot? My next picks will be with the 16th overall then 18th overall

3. Is there a consensus player that I should try to get with a package of picks? The draft clearly is mine to control with all my extra picks-I would have to mortgage my draft to get one of the premier RBs that we all love

This is my 4th year in this league and it is honestly the best fantasy league I have every played in; I have won it all before, and sucked it up big time (we have 24 total teams; each conference is its own league, but we have inter-conference leagues in the last few weeks along with divisional double-headers, and we re-draft for the play-offs (our play-offs are during the NFL play-offs-its crazy, but totally legit!) This year my head is going in a million directions and would love to hear some advice from people who might have some thoughts.

sorry for such a long post, but each league is different and domination is in the details!

thanks!

sorry;

line-up is as follows:

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

2 FLEX

1 D/ST

1 K

you can fill you flex spot with any skill spot (no QB, DEF/ST, or K) but you can fill with IDP. Scoring generally scores as about average WR#3 in ppr league for IDP

that's dumb.

Gates, Celek, and Finley... that order

Who should I target at the 4th spot? ... it would help if you said who was available.

This.

As for keeeprs, are TEs really your best players to keep? Do any other positions get PPR (ie, based on comment about TEs getting 2PPR, is it a graduated setup, like RBs get 0.5PPR and WRs get 1PPR)?

As for 4th pick, in addition to what Opie said about knowing who is available, I'll just say BPA.

thanks for the words guys-my thoughts on keeping TE is that the top tier are always in the top 20 of our league. This is the first year that I will be trying the TE approach, but I figured why not give it a shot. The scoring is PPR each position gets 1 ppr, but TE get 2., but we had 3 TE score higher this year than all but AJ, CJ, MJD, AP and a slew of QBs.

Some of the names that would be available to draft this year would be: AP, Gore, D. Williams, Moreno, Matthews, Wayne, Moss, Brady, Clark, S. Green, J Charles, R Grant, S Jackson and R Mendenhall

I have been offered some trades for J charles for a 5th, shonne green for a 5th but it seems silly to keep a player who is so uhproven, but then again it seems dumb to not trade a 5th rounder as a trade and then draft said player in the first round.

Thoughts and thanks.