[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brett Favre Retiring? Still pick AP 2nd?!?!

Dabrs34

The news today is very upsetting. Although I expected drama from the media/espn over Favre, I get a feeling this might be the real deal.

So my dilemma, I am in a 14 team league and I have the second pick. 1st pick will almost undoubtedly pick Chris Johnson and I was ready to pick up AP.

But now that Favre is gone I'm getting scared. Is AP worth it without Favre? Will he be as explosive? Should I pick up MJD or Frank Gore or Ray Rice instead?

Should I try to get the 4th pick in order to get these guys?

I really could use some help, my entire strategy is being turned on me and I'm losing faith in my team/pick even before draft day. I need to re-assess my position/opportunities and re-rank players.

I know we dont know that Favre is gone for sure, but I need Plan B stat.

Thanks for any advice/input/opinions, any help will be greatly appreciated as I assume others may be in my position as well.

1340 and 12 with 268 receiving plus 1 more TD

1760 and 10 plus another 125 receiving

Those were APs stats pre-Favre

Last year 1383 and 18 (great year) plus another 436 receiving

Yes, a nice bump, but even if he "reverts" to pre-Favre form, he'll be a top 5 back as the downside with #1 overall potential. The downside on MJD or Rice is lower than his. IMO, he is still a solid option for #2. If you were gonna take him at 2, you still do.

I still say pick him up. If you look at all the other top backs, their QB's aren't all that either, Young, Garrard, Smith,Flacco might be okay. He's still going to post huge numbers and the defense will continually get him the ball back for more carries. It would just be the AP show again, but I still don't think Favre is completely gone.

Edited by AoDay