[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's Megatron Worth in a Dynasty?

Lucky11

long story short:

three year old keeper league is changing to a Dynasty format this season. we're able to keep up to two players from the current roster, and it will cost a draft pick from one round earlier than where they were drafted previously. this draft will include rookies, FAs, and everyone not held as a keeper. future drafts will be six rounds and rookie/FA only.

22 man rosters, lineup 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, K, D, Flex (RB, WR, TE), PPR, HP scoring

so in last year's draft, i picked up CJ at 1.04 and it will cost me the 1.02 (based on last season's finish...i sucked). there's no way i'm going to keep him for that draft spot, and i will keep AD, which will cost me my second round pick.

what is CJ's value in this format? a first round pick? a high second and 5th or 6th?

i understand it's all relative, and everyone values players differently. i'm just looking for a place to start trade talks without being laughed out of the building.

thanks! :wacko:

Edited by Lucky11

Considering your other option is releasing him into the draft pool, he is worth whatever you can get, especially when you factor in that the receiving owner will, I assume, have to forfeit a 1st rounder to keep him. If this is not true, then it will change his value, but getting anything in return for CJ, who is generally being taken in the early to mid 2nd round, when he will cost a 1st to keep, is a steal for you. Quite frankly, if I were an opposing owner, I could not come up with a scenario where I would trade for CJ knowing I was also giving up my first to keep him in addition to whatever I was giving to you for him.

On a separate note, how is it that you take CJ 4th and AD is there in the 2nd.... or is it that you took Peterson later his rookie year and have been keeping him?

Considering your other option is releasing him into the draft pool, he is worth whatever you can get, especially when you factor in that the receiving owner will, I assume, have to forfeit a 1st rounder to keep him. If this is not true, then it will change his value, but getting anything in return for CJ, who is generally being taken in the early to mid 2nd round, when he will cost a 1st to keep, is a steal for you. Quite frankly, if I were an opposing owner, I could not come up with a scenario where I would trade for CJ knowing I was also giving up my first to keep him in addition to whatever I was giving to you for him.

On a separate note, how is it that you take CJ 4th and AD is there in the 2nd.... or is it that you took Peterson later his rookie year and have been keeping him?

drafted AD in the 5th round of the first year 2007. this year, he costs me a 2nd if i keep him, next year would be a first rounder.

CJ was thrown back into the FA mix in 2009, and i thought he was a good pick at 1.04. i just wish he'd performed better last season.

Edited by Lucky11