[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

10 spot of 10 teams

warner0313

Just wanted some opinions on my strategies. I am picking 10th in a 10 person league.

I want to avoid Mendenhall, S. Jackson and a QB in the first round. I was thinking of drafting a two top WRs for rd 1 and 2 (White and Moss or White and Johnson). In rds 3 and 4, I figured I would take the top 2 RBs available. Benson, Grant, Charles and Wells are the only ones I like. If only one of the two is available I would take the one and then a top TE or QB. I would like to wait for D. Bowe, Sims Walker, H. Nicks or even H. Ward till rd 5. If I didnt get a second RB in rds 3 and 4, I would have to settle with someone in rds 5 and 6. Any suggestions? I would have great WRs and ok running backs

A second strategy would be to take a RB and R. White in rds 1 and 2. I am sold on R. White. I could either take D.Will, S. Greene or R. Matthews. I know they are not all top tier backs and there is high risk reward, but I will not get another shot at them in rds 3 and 4. If I take D.Wil, I would prob take J.Stewart and B. Wells in rds 3 and 4. In rds 5 and 6 I would try to get two of the following D. Bowe, Sims Walker, H. Nicks, H. Ward. I would have to wait for a QB and TE till rds 7 and 8.

Which strategy is better and why?

No PPR typically makes WRs less valuable, but that is sort of negated by the need to start 3 WR each week, so it seems like a bit of a wash. Especially in a 10-team league, you will need "difference maker" players at at least 2, maybe 3 starting positions ... so if you believe the WR-WR drafting approach will get you closer to that goal, while still not killing you at RB, by all means proceed with the plan ... in a 10-teamer, I'd expect a "decent" RB to be available in rd 3 as you suggest, but my concern is that you need to start 2 RB each week - meaning that if you wait until rd4 or rd5 to fill that RB2 slot on your roster, you'll be choosing from part time / situational players to be your "starter", which is not ideal. Still, if you expect the 2 WRs you get early on manage to combine for enough production to outweigh a potentially suspect RB2, have at it.

I'd go:

WR

WR

RB

QB

RB

Don't expect Johnson to be there at the 10th pick, but should be able to get 2 of either Moss, Miles, Wayne and Fitz. Then grab best RB, possibly Greene, Thomas, Moreno. For QB in a 10 team I'd expect Rivers, Romo or Schaub to be available and then look at a RB like Wells, Best, Bush. Wells might be a stretch being available there, but I think he's a little undervalued right now. How's this lineup look?

Rivers

P Thomas

B Wells

Moss

Miles

I'd go:

WR

WR

RB

QB

RB

Don't expect Johnson to be there at the 10th pick, but should be able to get 2 of either Moss, Miles, Wayne and Fitz. Then grab best RB, possibly Greene, Thomas, Moreno. For QB in a 10 team I'd expect Rivers, Romo or Schaub to be available and then look at a RB like Wells, Best, Bush. Wells might be a stretch being available there, but I think he's a little undervalued right now. How's this lineup look?

Rivers

P Thomas

B Wells

Moss

Miles

I totally agree with this approach. You will be surprised at the RB's available when it gets back to you in the 5th. After you knab a back in the 3rd and 4th you will notice that the majority of the teams already have 2 backs. In the 4th and 5th teams will be filling other starting positions. I would possibly double up on RB's in the 5th and 6th rounds to hedge your bets on RB's, since you will be avoiding in the first two rounds. I might look at WR in the 3rd 4th rather than QB, if there's value there, and since you start 3 WR's.

I would go either...

WR

WR

RB

QB

RB

RB

Or...

WR

WR

RB

WR