[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

16 team advice

So I've been reading a lot on this forum, but never posted. But I can't seem to find much info on 16 team drafting strategy so I'm coming here for help. I'm in a 16 team, non PPR league. 1 QB (4 pts/TD), 2 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/RB, 1 flex WR/TE, 1 TDef, 1 Kicker. I've got the 4th pick so I'll probably have MJD or Rice. It's a long time before I'll draft again and trying to put together a strategy.

Most people seem to say in 16 team drafts you need to really draft for value....whoever will really put up points. I'm thinking RB/WR/RB in the first three rounds as a tire 1 or 2 QB probably won't be around...but looking for advice. Anyone been in a 16 team league several years and have some pointers?

Thanks for the help!!

With this setup, do anything you can to lock in 2 decent RBs. This is the first time I have seen a 16 team league that has 2 required RBs and only 1 required WR, much less the option to go to 3 RBs with the flex. Every non-RB pick in the first two rounds bodes very well for you as you can secure yourself two backs that are likely to be on the field consistently every week, while most other teams will be clinging to the wrong end of an RBBC or praying for injury to allow them to field a 2nd starting RB.

Thanks Big Country. This is the first time I've seen a league like this as well. While you can start 2 TE's, really it will most likely be 2 WR's week in and week out. I feel going RB/RB is probably the best bet, and then picking up a WR in the 3rd.

There are 20 rounds so there will be a lot of potential deep sleepers that I'll have to look out for as well. But I guess getting starters and producers is at the top of the list.