[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

could this work?

I am new to fantasy football and newer to the huddle. This will be only my second year in a ppr league the rewards generiously for most everything. I was toying with the idea that if I get pick 1.11 or 1.12 stealing aaron rodgers and when it swings back to me take drew brees. Maybe I would ony try this with rodgers, brees, and p. Manning but I could just trade one of them, or both, for a top 10 rb or wr. Basically what I'm trying to ask is, would it be worth while to draft two of the top three qb's just to trade one of them later for whatever is weaker; my wr's or rb's?

You could do that or you could just, ya know, draft a top 10 WR or RB.

lol yes I could do that. But this gives me the ability to choose what I need more; a wr or rb. This essentially gives me a place holder and the option to see what my team looks like before I choose elite wr or elite rb. Or is this just stupid and that's why no one does it?

Since I will be drafting later in the first round this gives me a shot at one of the top runningbacks that were already gone when it was my turn. So I basically get the benefit of the snake of the order in which drafting goes but get a shot at trading for one of the 5 runningbacks that go automatically so i after the trade occurs I would have drafted in the order of 1.4 then 2.1 or something like that and thus maximizing my chance of good players right? I dunno I just need someone to prove to me its not worth the risk.

Thanks in advance

Edited by 561427

I am new to fantasy football and newer to the huddle. This will be only my second year in a ppr league the rewards generiously for most everything. I was toying with the idea that if I get pick 1.11 or 1.12 stealing aaron rodgers and when it swings back to me take drew brees. Maybe I would ony try this with rodgers, brees, and p. Manning but I could just trade one of them, or both, for a top 10 rb or wr. Basically what I'm trying to ask is, would it be worth while to draft two of the top three qb's just to trade one of them later for whatever is weaker; my wr's or rb's?

Can I join your league?

You could do that or you could just, ya know, draft a top 10 WR or RB.

Likely a top 3 or 4 WR.

Also, it's rarely a good strategy to draft guys hoping to trade them later because there's too much risk that you won't be able to pull that trade, especially for the caliber of player you've got your eye on.

Try some mocks out and see what sort of team you can put together after getting 2 QB's. Personally I don't think it'll be a good idea and as mentioned earlier if someone had the chance to select them earlier, why would they trade later on for them.