[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is pick #4 too early to....

SWMN Guy

Is pick #4 too early to "do the opposite"? 12 team, 50/50, no PPR. My thinking...not a huge difference in RB's ranked 10 to 20, but after WR 10 it's a severe dropoff. In mocks I've consistently been able to pick Turner or MJD but then not picking again until #20 most if not all top wr are gone and I'm into those 10-20 ranked RB's.

In mocks going with WR first (A Johnson) I've followed up with pick 20 getting guys like Fitz or Jennings, sometimes Austin 7 picks later follow up with a qb like Schaub or Rivers. So I have:

Schaub

A Johnson

Fitzgerald/Austin/Jennings

Then have been able to get RB's like P Thomas, Moreno, J Stewart, J Best.

So at pick #4 do you get a top RB and take whatever you can get, or do the opposite and grab 2 top WR and a decent QB, and hope you hit one or two of those RB's that pop up every year?

Is pick #4 too early to "do the opposite"? 12 team, 50/50, no PPR. My thinking...not a huge difference in RB's ranked 10 to 20, but after WR 10 it's a severe dropoff. In mocks I've consistently been able to pick Turner or MJD but then not picking again until #20 most if not all top wr are gone and I'm into those 10-20 ranked RB's.

In mocks going with WR first (A Johnson) I've followed up with pick 20 getting guys like Fitz or Jennings, sometimes Austin 7 picks later follow up with a qb like Schaub or Rivers. So I have:

Schaub

A Johnson

Fitzgerald/Austin/Jennings

Then have been able to get RB's like P Thomas, Moreno, J Stewart, J Best.

So at pick #4 do you get a top RB and take whatever you can get, or do the opposite and grab 2 top WR and a decent QB, and hope you hit one or two of those RB's that pop up every year?

Your first and second paragraphs seem to contradict one another.

In the first, you state that by the 20th pick all of the top WRs are gone, but then in the 2nd are still able to select one of Fitz/Jennings/Austin, all of whom are probably ranked in the top 8 this year and all of whom have top 5 potential. Perhaps your definition and my definition of a top WR are different.

Depends on lineup reqs a bit, but in a non-PPR, I just don't see it as a great strategy when you have the opportunity to potentially land a top 5 RB and a top 5 WR with your first two picks.