[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Receiver help

Fatloverone

Hey Huddlers!

I've got a question. I'm in a Yahoo league which drafted yesterday. (a PPR league) I am trying to tweak my team which has among others, Mike Wallace (Pit) and Donald Driver (GB). Dwayne Bowe is available on waivers, and I'm thinking of picking him up. However, I have Aaron Rodgers as my QB. My question is should I stay with the combined points of the Rodgers/Driver connection and drop Wallace, or should I keep Wallace, drop Driver and pick up Bowe? Or is there a better option?

For reference sake, I also have DeSean Jackson, Michael Crabtree and Braylon Edwards as WR's.

Thanks in advance for your help!

FatloverOne

Edited by Fatloverone

Hey Huddlers!

I've got a question. I'm in a Yahoo league which drafted yesterday. (a PPR league) I am trying to tweak my team which has among others, Mike Wallace (Pit) and Donald Driver (GB). Dwayne Bowe is available on waivers, and I'm thinking of picking him up. However, I have Aaron Rodgers as my QB. My question is should I stay with the combined points of the Rodgers/Driver connection and drop Wallace, or should I keep Wallace, drop Driver and pick up Bowe? Or is there a better option?

For reference sake, I also have DeSean Jackson, Michael Crabtree and Braylon Edwards as WR's.

Thanks in advance for your help!

FatloverOne

Does your league award some sort of bonus for having both the QB and WR on passing TDs? If not, then the "connection" is irrelevant and it comes down to who you think will perform the best over the course of the season.

Bowe had a dip last season, but I am still bullish on him heading into this year and think he is a good value pick at his ADP, which seems to be 6th/7th round currently.

Wallace has nice upside. Driver has a lot of questions around him. If, and it is a big if, he ends up being healthy and performs as a solid WR2, he should put up good numbers (good thread going on about this in the main boards discussing Nelson/Jones as viable WR3s in GB, possible WR2s if Driver can't play).

Any non-WRs you can consider dropping instead?

I don't see how Dwayne Bowe is even in waivers. I would actually drop Braylon Edwards and pick up Bowe instead of dropping Wallace or Driver. You're top 3 receivers will likely be Desean, Crabtree, and Bowe. Driver will be a good fill in, consistent, but not too much upside, especially with the emergence of the packers other receivers and the knee surgeries he had. Wallace might end up being in your starting line up but most likely after big Ben gets back.

Drop Braylon pickup Bowe

Yea definitely drop Edwards. He had little production after the Jets brought him in. He was a WR3 going into this season, but now with Holmes/Cotchery/Greene/LT/Keller you think Edwards is going to touch the ball much? Driver is a great WR, a lot of experience and is a good fill in. Wallace has a lot of upside.

Does your league award some sort of bonus for having both the QB and WR on passing TDs? If not, then the "connection" is irrelevant and it comes down to who you think will perform the best over the course of the season.

Bowe had a dip last season, but I am still bullish on him heading into this year and think he is a good value pick at his ADP, which seems to be 6th/7th round currently.

Wallace has nice upside. Driver has a lot of questions around him. If, and it is a big if, he ends up being healthy and performs as a solid WR2, he should put up good numbers (good thread going on about this in the main boards discussing Nelson/Jones as viable WR3s in GB, possible WR2s if Driver can't play).

Any non-WRs you can consider dropping instead?

Thanks BC for responding! No special points are awarded for a connection, although I was following the advice of a Huddle article from last year, so it sounds like you are right. In reserve I have Jerome Harrison, Tim Hightower and LT as a sleeper pick.

I don't see how Dwayne Bowe is even in waivers. I would actually drop Braylon Edwards and pick up Bowe instead of dropping Wallace or Driver. You're top 3 receivers will likely be Desean, Crabtree, and Bowe. Driver will be a good fill in, consistent, but not too much upside, especially with the emergence of the packers other receivers and the knee surgeries he had. Wallace might end up being in your starting line up but most likely after big Ben gets back.

Drop Braylon pickup Bowe

Yeah ERush, believe it or not, Bowe is out there. I have a pending on him til the 14th, but I hate to give up Wallace. Didn't think about the NY situation with Edwards. Thanks M'man!

Yea definitely drop Edwards. He had little production after the Jets brought him in. He was a WR3 going into this season, but now with Holmes/Cotchery/Greene/LT/Keller you think Edwards is going to touch the ball much? Driver is a great WR, a lot of experience and is a good fill in. Wallace has a lot of upside.

Thanks ADay! I didn't give thought to the Jets new situation. I have changed my waiver claim based on your responses and plan to dump Edwards.

Thank you all for your help!