[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auction Keeper Question

I'm in an Auction League where you are allowed up to 3 keepers from the previous season.

My keeper options are all priced at the same salary level (dirt cheap), so I don't save, or spend, more by picking one option over the other. It's a pretty basic scoring system with a heavier weighting on TDs. We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, etc..

My keeper choices are: Rivers, Jamal Charles, Beanie Wells, Deangelo Williams, Steve Smith (NYG).

Williams is an obvious choice (according to the rankings), and so is Rivers (although I am concerned he could be a bust this year). But, is Charles the same runner he was during the last 6 games of '09, or does Jones dilute his stats to the point where he is an average back at best? As for Wells, did he run well in the second half of last year because everyone was keying on the passing game? He doesn't pass block very well and is not a receiving threat, so 3rd down situations look like they are going to Hightower. Will Leinart be able to move the offense enough to make the running game effective? Both Charles and Wells are projected sleepers by several gurus, but they are considered busts by many as well. Neither back has been annointed the starter for their respective team. In fact, they are both listed as backups on their coach's depth charts right now (I know, that doesn't mean much yet).

As for Smith, he definitely catches a lot of balls. But he seems to get ignored in the red zone, and I look for the Giants to re-establish their ground game with healthy RBs this year.

Any and all input is much appreciated.

Keep Charles, Williams, and Smith.

But since these are auction dollars, it would be interesting to know what the cap is and how much these guys are costing you. And who might be available once the auction starts.

Edited by Chief Dick

The cap is $100. Auction the first half of the team (2 QBs, 3 RBS, 3 WRS, TE, K, Def) and draft the second. Rivers would probably go for $20-24, he'll cost me $7. Williams could go for $20-$28, he'll cost me $6. Charles, Smith, and Wells will cost $5. The challenge is, keepers are disclosed all at once, so you can only speculate as to who will be kept or let back into the draft. Some RBs who I expect will be kept are Johnson, Peterson, MJD, Mendenhall, Rice, Turner, and Greene.