[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KEEPER HELP

hitmen94

You don't lose any draft picks, but you have an option of keeping 0-3? Does that mean if you pick 0 keepers you get additional picks at the end of the draft, or if you don't keep anyone you get additional picks at the beginning of the draft?

What's the scoring system? How many teams in the league?

Turner's a no brainer for me...but your answers will inform the other...though if there is truly no penalty in picks (picks are added at END of draft or through free agency) then you have to keep three logically.

You don't lose any draft picks, but you have an option of keeping 0-3? Does that mean if you pick 0 keepers you get additional picks at the end of the draft, or if you don't keep anyone you get additional picks at the beginning of the draft?

What's the scoring system? How many teams in the league?

Turner's a no brainer for me...but your answers will inform the other...though if there is truly no penalty in picks (picks are added at END of draft or through free agency) then you have to keep three logically.

Thanks.

We have given everyone the option to keep 0-3 keepers. Keepers are submitted 1 week in advance. If a team keeps only 2 players, he will get a 3rd round pick from the FA pool and if he keeps 1 he will get a 2nd and 3rd round pick out of FA pool ( the first 3 rounds are dedicated for keeper selections, and you are not able to pick someone out of FA in the first 3 rounds if he was on your team last year - unless of course hes your keeper - does this make sense? Round 4 we carry on with a snake draft.

If you have a bettter strategy feel free to let me know, as I can implement changes. Were rookies.

I'm confused with the adding 3 picks at beginning or ending of draft statement, sorry.

5 pts for passTD - HOWEVER its -3 for interceptions and fumbles

6 pts for rushing/receiving tds

PPR

Makes total sense...you are essentially giving up a 1st round pick if you keep one player, a 1st and 2nd round pick if you give up two players, and a first, second, and third round pick if you give up three players.

Turner is a no brainer first round pick in most drafts so go ahead and keep him

DeAngelo is a second round pick in most drafts so I probably keep him

Given this is a PPR league...I'd want to spend one of my first three picks on a WR...the question will be what WRs will be available and will they be worth that level of a pick?

I don't think you can spend a top 3 pick on Welker, no promises that he is ready to go, nor that he is going to be healthy enough to make a difference the first six games...bit too far of a risk.

I think I would keep Williams and Turner...and look to take a WR with my first compensation pick (essentially your third round)...if no one good is there Romo is more than likely going to be available in that spot to pick up again anyways.

WD

I need to keep 3 of 4 out of........ romo turner welker and d williams. I don't lose any draft picks for keeping 3 althought we have the option to keep 0-3 keepers.

HELP! Which 3 would you keep

Bolded above is not true as your follow up post (bolded below) indicates that you do indeed forfeit a pick for each kept player. Pretty important mis-statement.

We have given everyone the option to keep 0-3 keepers. Keepers are submitted 1 week in advance. If a team keeps only 2 players, he will get a 3rd round pick from the FA pool and if he keeps 1 he will get a 2nd and 3rd round pick out of FA pool ( the first 3 rounds are dedicated for keeper selections, and you are not able to pick someone out of FA in the first 3 rounds if he was on your team last year - unless of course hes your keeper - does this make sense? Round 4 we carry on with a snake draft.

Makes perfect sense. You forfeit picks in the first 3 rounds to keep players. If you don't keep 3 players, you don't forfeit the pick.

If you have a bettter strategy feel free to let me know, as I can implement changes. Were rookies.

Are you implying that you can change rules at this point, even though last year's rosters and thus the strategy heading into this offseason were built upon the previously agreed upon rules? The rules you have are fine if that is how you wish to handle keepers. If you guys don't like it, change them... for next offseason. It is not fair to change them for the current season.

Makes total sense...you are essentially giving up a 1st round pick if you keep one player, a 1st and 2nd round pick if you give up two players, and a first, second, and third round pick if you give up three players.

Turner is a no brainer first round pick in most drafts so go ahead and keep him

DeAngelo is a second round pick in most drafts so I probably keep him

Given this is a PPR league...I'd want to spend one of my first three picks on a WR...the question will be what WRs will be available and will they be worth that level of a pick?

I don't think you can spend a top 3 pick on Welker, no promises that he is ready to go, nor that he is going to be healthy enough to make a difference the first six games...bit too far of a risk.

I think I would keep Williams and Turner...and look to take a WR with my first compensation pick (essentially your third round)...if no one good is there Romo is more than likely going to be available in that spot to pick up again anyways.

WD

I agree with WD's reccs of keeping Turner and Williams. The only incorrect part is the bolded, as based on the rules, he can't re-draft Romo, however, I am sure comparable QBs will be available, though I would go WR (unless there are odd lineup or scoring rules that significantly alter QB values).

Good information. I should be posting here more often for your help!

Yes Big Country you are correct.

In my third round pick if I didn't keep someone, I wouldn't be able to repick Romo/Welker or anyone in my 09 team until the 4th round.

This is our FIRST keeper league draft (2nd season), and the only thing really decided is the option to keep 0-3 keepers, and yes if you keep someone you will lose that pick in the first 3 rounds.

One last question though..... the team that finished last place last season has the first pick overall in this years draft. He finds it somewhat unfair that a 5th place team can keep only 1 player, and be able to select someone from the FA pool in the 2nd round before he even gets a chance at the FA pool (thinks hes losing his privelege as having the first pick kind of). He plans on keeping 3 players from last season.

Do you think its fair to say that no one can draft 2010 rookies in the first 3 rounds (dedicated keeper rounds)?

Or leave as is.

Thanks

silly. the last place team can simply choose to keep less than three. Perhaps the 'fair' thing to do is require teams, in reverse order, to declare keepers. That way, the last place team picking first can choose to keep less and grab Mathews.

I don't play keeper leagues any longer (only re-draft and dynasty), but when I did, that was the way we did it.

One last question though..... the team that finished last place last season has the first pick overall in this years draft. He finds it somewhat unfair that a 5th place team can keep only 1 player, and be able to select someone from the FA pool in the 2nd round before he even gets a chance at the FA pool (thinks hes losing his privelege as having the first pick kind of). He plans on keeping 3 players from last season.

Do you think its fair to say that no one can draft 2010 rookies in the first 3 rounds (dedicated keeper rounds)?

Or leave as is.

Thanks

Opie covered it, but to reiterate, the last place team is choosing to keep 3. No one says he has to.

And no, anyone should be allowed to pick any player they want with their pick.

Opie covered it, but to reiterate, the last place team is choosing to keep 3. No one says he has to.

And no, anyone should be allowed to pick any player they want with their pick.

Thanks boys. We will announce keepers in reverse order 1 week prior to the draft. That will give the first overall pick more options on keepers.

Hmm I came first last season. Need to decide on Romo vs Welker as I most def will keep Turner/and Deangelo, guess im declaring my keepers first.

I'd lean to not keeping a 3rd player, but really you hav to play it by ear once you see who was kept in the first 2 rounds and what teams/players you expect to be kept as 3rd keepers.

IMO, there will likely be comparable QB value available assuming most teams keep 3 players and that you can only start 1 QB (you don't say if this is a 10 or 12 man league, this is even more true in a 10 teamer) and pretty much definitely better WR value available.

IMO, lock in your top 2 RBs, see who else is being kept, then make the decision if you really think it is neccessary to lock up Romo depending on who it appears will be in the draft pool. IMO, most likely you will see better WRs available so you can build there and take a good QB a couple rounds later.

I'd lean to not keeping a 3rd player, but really you hav to play it by ear once you see who was kept in the first 2 rounds and what teams/players you expect to be kept as 3rd keepers.

IMO, there will likely be comparable QB value available assuming most teams keep 3 players and that you can only start 1 QB (you don't say if this is a 10 or 12 man league, this is even more true in a 10 teamer) and pretty much definitely better WR value available.

IMO, lock in your top 2 RBs, see who else is being kept, then make the decision if you really think it is neccessary to lock up Romo depending on who it appears will be in the draft pool. IMO, most likely you will see better WRs available so you can build there and take a good QB a couple rounds later.

Good strategy. 10 team league and 1 QB, and I am sure there will be a good WR left and plenty of QBs. Thanks again