[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did I make the right decision?

devi0us

I was picking from the 1.07 spot in a 12 team PPR league. I had the choice between Andre Johnson and Ray Rice. I chose Andre Johnson. We start qb, 3wr, 2rb, te, k, def

I ended up with:

QB - Shaub

RB - P. Thomas

RB - L. McCoy

WR - A. Johnson

WR - R. White

WR - M. Floyd

TE - J. Carlson

K- S. Gostkowski

DEF - Philly

Bench:

QB: K. Kolb

RB: A. Foster

RB: J. Harrison

RB: M. Barber

WR: J. Jones

WR: C. Schilins

TE: D. Keller

Would need to know the unique setup that has both of those players available at the 7 pick. Considering I am advocating taking Rice or Gore over AJ in most setups from the 5 pick, I'd lean towards saying it was a mistake, but really it is a misnomer to say it is a mistake to take AJ. Just that when you look at what WRs are available later on, having a #1 RB of Rice compared to Thomas I think gives a bigger bang than the drop from AJ to White as your #1 and using a WR that was available when you were grabbing your RBs as your #3 WR.

Edited by Big Country

I was picking from the 1.07 spot in a 12 team PPR league. I had the choice between Andre Johnson and Ray Rice. I chose Andre Johnson. We start qb, 3wr, 2rb, te, k, def

I ended up with:

QB - Shaub

RB - P. Thomas

RB - L. McCoy

WR - A. Johnson

WR - R. White

WR - M. Floyd

TE - J. Carlson

K- S. Gostkowski

DEF - Philly

Bench:

QB: K. Kolb

RB: A. Foster

RB: J. Harrison

RB: M. Barber

WR: J. Jones

WR: C. Schilins

TE: D. Keller

I like your decision, because you start 3WR it is imperitive to have at least 1 stud, and you have 2. I like your choices at RB. You could look to put Kolb on the Trade Block and one of your RB's and ask for a RB and see what you get for offers as alot of people are high on Kolb this year.

I would have gone with Rice. He is a PPR fantasy stud, his reception totals from last year doubled that of Thomas and you are really lacking a top RB. I'm assuming you took Thomas in the 3rd round? Not sure what receivers were left on the board but if you could have picked up a Jennings I think you would be much more well rounded.

I would have gone with Rice. He is a PPR fantasy stud, his reception totals from last year doubled that of Thomas and you are really lacking a top RB. I'm assuming you took Thomas in the 3rd round? Not sure what receivers were left on the board but if you could have picked up a Jennings I think you would be much more well rounded.

I actually took Shaub in the 3rd. Rogers, Brees, Manning, Brady and Romo were already offthe board. Jennings was taken at 2.10. I had Shaub rated higher that Rivers. I took McCoy in the 4th. It was a toss up between B. Wells and McCoy and since it's a PPR league, I went with McCoy. I went with Thomas in the 5th. I had him rated higher that F. Jones and M. Forte.

Would need to know the unique setup that has both of those players available at the 7 pick. Considering I am advocating taking Rice or Gore over AJ in most setups from the 5 pick, I'd lean towards saying it was a mistake, but really it is a misnomer to say it is a mistake to take AJ. Just that when you look at what WRs are available later on, having a #1 RB of Rice compared to Thomas I think gives a bigger bang than the drop from AJ to White as your #1 and using a WR that was available when you were grabbing your RBs as your #3 WR.

Well, AP and CJ went 1 and 2 respectively. MJD went 3rd. Rogers and Brees went 4th and 5th. Pick 1.06 picked M. Turner over R. Rice. I was baffled by this pick. This league also gives 6pts per passing TD.