[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB RB RB?

dsagen

I have an 8 team draft on Sunday, and was already told I will have the #1 pick. Snake drafting. The league format has a flex player so I wanted to use this to my best advantage.

I will be drafting Chris Johnson with the #1.

Romo, Brady, Schaub, or Rivers have been there for me at the end of the 4th, and I can still grab a solid WR with the first pick in the 5th.

My thinking is that if I draft CJ, then 2 RB's with my 2nd and 3rd picks I will have locked up 200 point monsters playing every week (except 3 bye weeks) My options seem to be Grant, Charles, Mendehall, Mathews, or Benson. For instance, My lineup is below.

QB-T Romo

RB- C Johnson

RB- R Grant

FL- J Charles

WR- S Smith (Car)

WR-H Ward

WR-D Bowe

TE- B Celek

K- R Longwell

DE- Minnesota

Now, on my bench I have 5 WR who could fill in for bad matchups, turn into sleepers, or flex player bye weeks. I am just rolling the dice on my 3 stud running backs staying healthy and getting the rock.

Now this is just a mock, yet does this seems like a strong strategy?

No No No........

I have a draft with the exact same rules as yours. If I get the #1 pick like you, I will be getting a top 3 RB (Johnson, Peterson, MJD). By the time it gets back to you for the second round there will be a run up of top WR. You need to pick one because Bowe and Ward are not going to cut it. So you pick up an elite WR in the second and then you have some choices to start the third. If by some chance one of the top QB are still there (Brees, Rodgers, P Manning which is doubtful) you pick one of them up. If they are gone and there are still borderline elite WR on the board I would get one. The Mendy's and Charles all have question marks. There will still be value on QB and RB in the middle rounds. In the middle rounds for WR you get Bowe and Ward. Not horrible, but I'd start elite RB, and 2 elite WR if possible. Just my 2 cents.....

Sorry, I disagree with shotgun's advice regarding taking a QB in the 3rd, even if it is one of those guys (assuming relatively standard scoring). For starter's, this is an 8-team league, so there is depth a lot later in the draft.

Not knowing scoring system, I see no problem going RB/RB/RB, but, where I do agree with shotgun is that it really depends on what WRs you are passing up at that point (8 teamer, so probably a top 5 or so WR) to do so. In most scenarios, I would probably go RB in the first than RB/WR in the 2nd/3rd. With 3 required WRs, they are not completely valueless, but, then again, being an 8 team league, that is still only 24 required weekly starters. With only 8 required weekly QB starters, pretty much everyone will have a 20+ TD guy, so not a lot of value there, especially with the guys you are looking at in the 4th/5th (though, I'd probably still pass on QB there and fill in more RB/WR spots)