[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Earliest I should draft these players?

delfamdelfam

There's a couple guys I'm really targeting in my draft(not sure where I'm picking yet), I'm just wondering your feelings on what's the earliest I should pick them up as I want to get good value for my picks.

Wes Welker: thinking maybe mid 5th round

Pierre Thomas: late second maybe

Knoshown Moreno 5th round?

Mike Williams(TB) 7 or 8th round?

Tony Romo: early 4th

Chad Henne: 11th round?

Anthony Fasano: 14th round?

San Francisco Defense: no clue, ideas?

Edited by delfamdelfam

Wes Welker is who I really want to know, he seems all over the place right now

In a pretty good BOTH league drafting now, Welker went 5.02 to a team with Austin and Desean Jackson already.

Part of your request requires a little more info; how many teams in your league, line up and scoring being the most important. I will assume that you are in a 12 team PPR league.

Wes Welker is moving back up draft boards and the 5th maybe a little late for him. I personally wouldn't take him before that but, I don't think he will be there in most drafts as we get closer to the season and he continues to play.

Pierre Thomas is a guy that goes anywhere from the middle 2nd to the late 3rd depending on format. I like him just about anywhere in the 3rd.

Knowshon Moreno is all about his hammy. If he plays in the pre-season or if he is truly ready by week one, he will not be there in the 5th. Before his injury he was going late 3rd. At this point I think somewhere in the 4th is about right depending on your team make up and of course, his hammy.

Mike Williams is a guy you should be able to get in the early double digit rounds...11th and 12th at the earliest. Remember WR is the toughest position to transition in the NFL even when you look good in camp and Freeman broke his thumb.

Tony Romo is going late 3rd and early 4th rounds. If you want him you need to pull the trigger around there.

Chad Henne should be available in the 11th but guys are high on him as a #2 and he has Marshall, which only helps his cause.

Anthony Fasano should be there in the 14th unless he continues to produce in the preseason and people take notice. Then he could move up as someones #2.

Defense is always tricky. I like San Fran this year and their ADP suggests late 10th and early 11th(From Fantasy Football Calculator, a mock draft site which are not always reliable because they are MOCK) I personally would never draft a DEF that early in any league unless the scoring was tailored to DEF.

Just my 2cents