[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper League Draft Strategy

mdaschaf

Playing in a 12 team, 2 keeper league

Standard scoring, except that passing TDs are worth 6

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FL, K, DEF

I was fortunate enough to have Ray Rice and Frank Gore as my keepers and have 10th pick in the draft.

I am trying to formulate a tentative plan for the first 3-4 rounds. Prior to finding out who the other keepers were, my plan was to get WRs

with my first two picks, but 8 QBs were kept and I am unsure how this should affect my plans.

The only top tier QB available is Tony Romo

Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, Brady, Schaub, Rivers, Cutler, and Palmer (really bad options there), were kept.

If he is still there at the 10th pick should I draft him or still go WR/WR and then go after guys like Ryan/Flacco/Kolb?

Let's assume Romo goes before your pick. Do you really see a great dropoff in any of those 3 QBs or really the next 3 on your ranking? And, just how soon do you think people are going to take a backup QB? With 8 QBs out of the equation and the next 6=8 very similarly ranked, at least in my opinion, it means you can wait even longer on QB as you know the majority of teams won;t be taking one any time soon, you can plan your strategy accordingly. Look where the other teams without QBs are drafting compared to you and you can sort of plot out where you expect QBs to go.

Let's assume Romo goes before your pick. Do you really see a great dropoff in any of those 3 QBs or really the next 3 on your ranking? And, just how soon do you think people are going to take a backup QB? With 8 QBs out of the equation and the next 6=8 very similarly ranked, at least in my opinion, it means you can wait even longer on QB as you know the majority of teams won;t be taking one any time soon, you can plan your strategy accordingly. Look where the other teams without QBs are drafting compared to you and you can sort of plot out where you expect QBs to go.

Sorry if I was a bit confusing with the last line of my post. If Romo is taken by the time I am up, I have no plans on drafting a QB until at least 2 more rounds and will most assuredly go WR/WR at 10 and 15. I completely agree that the next tier is very similar and have no problem interchanging Flacco/Ryan/Kolb into my lineup. For more context, keepers are below

keepers and draft order

Team 1: Cutler/Bowe

Team 2: Palmer/Boldin

Team 3: Turner/R. Brown

Team 4: Brady/Ochocinco

Team 5: MJD/M. Austin

Team 6: Schaub/S. Greene

Team 7: Rodgers/Fitzgerald

Team 8: Peyton/Chris Johnson

Team 9: Brees/Deangelo Williams

Me: Rice/Gore

Team 11: Andre Johnson/C. Benson

Team 12: ADP/Rivers

Sorry if I was a bit confusing with the last line of my post. If Romo is taken by the time I am up, I have no plans on drafting a QB until at least 2 more rounds and will most assuredly go WR/WR at 10 and 15. I completely agree that the next tier is very similar and have no problem interchanging Flacco/Ryan/Kolb into my lineup. For more context, keepers are below

keepers and draft order

Team 1: Cutler/Bowe

Team 2: Palmer/Boldin

Team 3: Turner/R. Brown

Team 4: Brady/Ochocinco

Team 5: MJD/M. Austin

Team 6: Schaub/S. Greene

Team 7: Rodgers/Fitzgerald

Team 8: Peyton/Chris Johnson

Team 9: Brees/Deangelo Williams

Me: Rice/Gore

Team 11: Andre Johnson/C. Benson

Team 12: ADP/Rivers

What is the format of the draft, is it a snake draft where you pick at 10 & 15 or is it standard where you pick at 10 & 20?