[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sidney Rice

gsxunv04

I have Sidney Rice in one of my leagues and am now left in a sticky situation.

Free agent Wr's in my league are:

Chris Chambers

Patrick Crayton

Nate Washington

Earl Bennett

Donnie Avery

Jabar Gaffney

Laveraneus Coles

Davone Bess

Jason Avant

Brian Hartline

Josh Cribbs

James Jones

Michael Jenkins

Ted Ginn Jr.

Mushin Muhammad

Brandon Stokely

Deion Branch

Any suggestions?

Edited by gsxunv04

My lineupe/roster is:

Brett Favre

Ray Rice

Ryan Grant

Mike Wallace

Sidney Rice*

Wes Welker

Jeremy Shockey

49ers D/ST

Robbie Gould

Bench:

Steve Slaton

Correll Buckhalter

Matt Leinart

Kevin Walter

Giants D/ST

Dustin Keller

Early Doucet

Who would be the best option to let go and replace with Gaffney?

PS thanks for all the help everyone!

I would drop Doucet or Leinart, and definitely keep Sidney Rice. He's only out for about 8 weeks until he's practicing again so should be game ready a few weeks after that. He should return mid season at the latest, I'm loving my leagues where there are guys dropping him.

I would feel more comfortable dropping Leinart over Doucet. Douceet is going to have a bigger role with Boldin gone(more sleeper potential), and there are a lot of question marks with Leinart, and Derek Anderson is lurking over his shoulder waiting for him to F up. I am going to sleep on it, and decide later. I am still open to comments and suggestions, and as always thanks for your input.

Edited by gsxunv04

I have Kevin Walter (WR-HOU) on my bench, do you all think he would be better to drop than Leinart or Doucet and replace with Gaffney?

I here stokely is out of the rest of preseason with a groin injury so Gaffney stock should be rising. ALbeit Stokely will most likely be beack for the regular season.

Drop the NYG defense... They're not only in a division that will score a ton of points, but their schedule during the fantasy playoffs (assuming you plan on participating) is brutal:

Week 14 @MIN

Week 15 PHI

Week 16 @GB

I wouldn't plan on starting them over the SF defense at all, anyway, so just pick up a defense for Week 9 (SF bye), based on how the matchups look for that week (as you get closer to week 9). More than likely, a decent D will be available for that one week... No sense in holding on to a second D when you have arguably one of the top 2-3 fantasy D's this year, with a very favorable playoff schedule themselves (SEA, @SD, @STL).

With Brandon Marshall gone I think Gaffney will be getting a lot more balls thrown his way. Denver is not that strong in the running game this year so that plays further to their passing game. I see/hope Eddie Royal gets the better Defensive coverage along with Demaryius Thomas so that will play into Gaffneys hand.

The good thing about your bench is that you have plenty of folks you can drop. I would ditch Leinart for a better QB like Orton. But I digress.

I like the pickup of Jabar Gaffney. You should also consider grabbing Chris Chambers. I'd rather have Chambers than Kevin Walter and Correll Buckhalter.

Thanks for the input. I had Chambers last year and he didnt do diley squat, but now that he has a more key role in the offense, albeit Kansas City, he may have more potential. I will sleep on the thought and ley you all know what I decide. Thanks once again for the tips!