[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carson Palmer

delfamdelfam

I really like Palmer this year if I can get him in the 9th round area, but do you think he's a starting quarterback or does he need to be platooned. I'm thinking of putting him with Alex Smith.

If his arm holds up, IMO he's starter material. You'll probably want to get a quality backup just in case.

Combo QB, If you want to wait until the end you can have him and another QB late like Hasselbeck or Cassel, or maybe even Rothlisberger. Those guys can be picked up in the 10th or later (prob more like 12th or later) to compliment Palmer. It is not a bad idea if you like the QB late angle.

Personally, I think all reports of Palmers arm strength being zapped are inaccurate. He seems to be getting plenty of zip on the ball. I have noticed a couple of balls this pre-season that have fluttered a tad, but I think that's more about him trying to put touch on the ball. This all being said, Cin is still a running team. They will win games based on their D, as it is the strength of the team. I think Palmer will have some big weeks, but they will be few and far between. If I were to draft Palmer as my # 1 QB I would look to get someone with some upside in the next round or two.

Personally, I think all reports of Palmers arm strength being zapped are inaccurate. He seems to be getting plenty of zip on the ball. I have noticed a couple of balls this pre-season that have fluttered a tad, but I think that's more about him trying to put touch on the ball. This all being said, Cin is still a running team. They will win games based on their D, as it is the strength of the team. I think Palmer will have some big weeks, but they will be few and far between. If I were to draft Palmer as my # 1 QB I would look to get someone with some upside in the next round or two.

Maybe he comes back this year healthier, but I noticed the zip on his throws vanishing at the mid-late season mark. I dont think anyone can question it was gone at the end of last year, the two Jets games were a great example of his elbow being smoked.

My personal oppinion is to avoid him.

Maybe he comes back this year healthier, but I noticed the zip on his throws vanishing at the mid-late season mark. I dont think anyone can question it was gone at the end of last year, the two Jets games were a great example of his elbow being smoked.

My personal oppinion is to avoid him.

You shut your big stupid mouth! Palmers arm/elbow is just fine!

Signed life long Bengals fan.