[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Excel Help needed

keggerz

I have a worksheet that is pretty big....it is 122 columns wide and 12,500 rows long...I am working on another project where I only need about 10-12 of the columns.....they are not sequential.....currently I am dragging my mouse to copy the entire columns to paste them in another workbook....question is....is there a shortcut to select the 12,500 rows worth of data without dragging the mouse to do it? I know I can highlite the top of the column but that does it for the entire number of rows in excel and not just the rows with data in them....if I do that will it make the file larger than it should be compared to just copying the cells with data in them?

I have a worksheet that is pretty big....it is 122 columns wide and 12,500 rows long...I am working on another project where I only need about 10-12 of the columns.....they are not sequential.....currently I am dragging my mouse to copy the entire columns to paste them in another workbook....question is....is there a shortcut to select the 12,500 rows worth of data without dragging the mouse to do it? I know I can highlite the top of the column but that does it for the entire number of rows in excel and not just the rows with data in them....if I do that will it make the file larger than it should be compared to just copying the cells with data in them?

I don't think it will make the file bigger but if your data does not have blank rows you can put your cursor in the first row and then hold down the shift key and then hit the END key and then the down arrow key and it will go to the last row of data and you can then copy and paste.

I don't think it will make the file bigger but if your data does not have blank rows you can put your cursor in the first row and then hold down the shift key and then hit the END key and then the down arrow key and it will go to the last row of data and you can then copy and paste.
that worked...thanks