[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What to do with the first overall pick in my draft

endersma

I am tearing my hair out right now. I have the first pick in my draft. I know that the second pick is going to take aaron rodgers if I don't. If I do he is most likely going to take Drew Brees. I know that Adrian Peterson is ranked #1 overall on this site, but it seems hard to pass up on a guy that is going to throw for more than 4500 and probably 40 tds vs a guy that at most is going to get 1800 and 20. Am I going crazy?

passing yards 1 pt for 25 yds

rushing yards 1 pt for 10 yds

receiving yards 1 pt for 10 yds

td 1 to 21 yds 6 pts

22 to 49 9 pts

49+ 12 pts

thats about it for the point structure. What do you think? Rodgers, Peterson, or Johnson?

Thanks for any help you can give me

Chris Johnson had 353 carries last year. That is a lot. Look what happened to Michael Turner when he had 370. Johnson only had 17 less.

Don't overthink this. Turner was 3 yrs older when he had those 370 carries. CJ's only 24.

What has the scoring been by position over the years? What are the spreads? Lineup reqs?

Without any of this info to apply some logic to this particular question (and since I don't have time to run your scoring myself right now), no one can provide you with any decent advice other than applying standard logic to the situation. In most scenarios, it doesn't make sense to take a QB early as the scoring gap between them is generally relatively small compared to other positions. There are some situations however, mainly when it is possible to start 2 QBs, but also some unique scoring setups, where the gap is greater between the QBs or the scoring is so imbalanced that QBs score far and away more than other positions that taking a QB early can be correct.