[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PPR draft strategy

High201

E2A: Wrong forum.

Impossible to answer as it really depends on who is left on the board. Been studying ADP for my WCOFF prep (we pick 5th), and here is something I recently looked at for prepping for the draft:

Looking at ADP, it shows that Andre, Moss, Fitz, Calvin, Wayne, Austin, White and Marshall all go before our pick. However, with that said, there are only 9 RBs off the board ADP wise - The big 4, Gore, Turner, SJax, Mendy and Dwill. 2 QBs off the board - Rodgers and Brees. That left the most likely picks ADPwise as Charles, Benson, Mathews and Greene

I haven't had a chance to do the percent availability of the above WRs yet, but based on the high level overview, every one of those WRs (except Andre and Moss)made it to the 20th pick in at least one draft (of 211 done since 8/18). Quick check shows Fitz made it 3 times, Calvin twice.. safe to say they will be gone) but the more likely to make it to us - White, Marshall, Austin where all there about 40-50% of the time.

The RBs I listed as likely available all had their first pick in the late 1st/very early 2nd and lasted to at least the 24th pick. Available roughly 50% of the time as well.

I think this is a clear indication that it is very draft dependent, and most likely we will be faced with a decision between 1-2 of the WRs listed (most likely White, Marshall, Austin) and 1-2 of the RBs (most likely Benson and Greene). If faced with that decision, I lean WR with the pick, especially assuming we have gone RB in the 1st. If our draft goes towards one extreme or the other (heavy RB or heavy WR) then I think we simply go the opposite direction as the value would be too skewed to not do that.

Edited by Big Country

thanks for the post... i did not think that this was the wrong forum... it says here for this forum "For fantasy football fanatics to share strategies". is this not strategy talk? thanks again for your comment and the article above.

Forum for seeking advice on draft picks, possible trades, starting lineups or other fantasy football team dilemmas.

You are asking about a particular pick for you, not a general strategy. That is why it is considered to be in the wrong forum and should be in the Fantasy advice forum. Not a big deal, it got moved quick before the real sharks jumped in.

Forum for seeking advice on draft picks, possible trades, starting lineups or other fantasy football team dilemmas.

You are asking about a particular pick for you, not a general strategy. That is why it is considered to be in the wrong forum and should be in the Fantasy advice forum. Not a big deal, it got moved quick before the real sharks jumped in.

I know it;s not a really big deal, but again i respectfully disagree. My point was about drafting strategy on fantasy football. It was looking for other fantasy players to share their stategies. For this the sharks are going to jump in. I may be new to the huddle, but certainly not new to fantasy football and posting. Welcome to the huddle. lol ok i won't bring it up again. time to move on.