[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

no mo daley

dmarc117

I live 35 miles west of Chi. I have always lived outside the city, but enjoy the Chi crap. My daughter lives on the near north.

D,

Were you in Chi under the Washington admin? The Byrne admin? Or the Bilandic (God forbid) admin? All nightmares!

I realize you didn't say anything negative or positive about the current Mayor, but believe me the city is doing so much better than it did under the "people" before him. Now the scramble begins and all I can say is God help yall who live there!

Just some info/opinion!

I live 35 miles west of Chi. I have always lived outside the city, but enjoy the Chi crap. My daughter lives on the near north.

D,

Were you in Chi under the Washington admin? The Byrne admin? Or the Bilandic (God forbid) admin? All nightmares!

I realize you didn't say anything negative or positive about the current Mayor, but believe me the city is doing so much better than it did under the "people" before him. Now the scramble begins and all I can say is God help yall who live there!

Just some info/opinion!

i hear ya. daley did alot of good things for the city. but i just cant get past the crooked bs. i know its in most politics, but it goes overboard in chicago.

not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. the daley machine was a powerful thing. we shall see!

The Daley machine will throw its weight behind the best supporter of "their " interests.

For every misstep Daley did (meigs Feild, Hired Truck, etc) he did some great things (Millenium Park, navy Pier)

Ya take the good with the bad, like any politican . . . . I agree with RR, in general he is leaving Chicago a better place than he found it. (except for selling the city assets like the parking meters . . that dumbass move will ahve repercussions for decades)

Being from the area and still keeping track of Chi Town I have to say the city will miss Daley. Crooked or not he got things done for the people of Chicago. He truly loved that city and fought for things to make it better.