[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jonathan Stewart

Chris1982

I've noticed in a lot of pre-season draft boards that Jonathan Stewart has been dropping a lot in the rankings. Reasons? He's had the injury label on him for his entire career, and he seems healthier entering this season than he did last... nothing new has developed in recent weeks, so why the sudden drops LATELY?

Dare I start Jerome Harrison over Jonathan Stewart at my FLEX spot?

He's a back-up RB on a bad team with basically a rookie QB and a coach who is clueless.

I have a hard time getting excited over him at his current ADP. If he's still hanging around in the 5th or 6th maybe he's worth it maybe more so if you already have DeWill

Just look at how a roster fills out in the draft:

Say you go RB-WR-WR -> would you want him as your #2 RB or someone else at RB or a #3 WR or better value at QB?

I am almost in the same boat, I am not sure who to start i have Jerome harrison, arian foster and jonathan stewart. and can only start 2 of them. I am leaning towards arian foster and jerome harrison because stewart hasnt played all preseason, Harris against bucs is a good match up and indy vs texans should be high scoring. NYG have a solid front 7. Its a tough decision.

Stewart is the most underrated player. He's only 23 and runs like AP. Rankings don't mean a thing if you can't explain them. Do you know why he is ranked so low? If Chris Johnson were ranked below the top 15 would you not draft him until the 5th or 6th? Of course not. Deangelo gets his value boosted simply because he is the designated starter. I think he will outperform Deangelo this year.

Stewart is the most underrated player. He's only 23 and runs like AP. Rankings don't mean a thing if you can't explain them. Do you know why he is ranked so low? If Chris Johnson were ranked below the top 15 would you not draft him until the 5th or 6th? Of course not. Deangelo gets his value boosted simply because he is the designated starter. I think he will outperform Deangelo this year.

If his ADP was around the 5th or 6th round, I'd absolutely be waiting until the 4th or so before picking him. Even if he's the first on my board. That way I can likely grab 2 top people.

As far as Stewart, I'm glad others can confidently read Fox's mind. I'm not so sure myself. Obviously if Williams gets injured or if the Panthers have decided that they aren't resigning Williams and want to make Stewart their primary back, he's gold. I just can't predict these things. As of right now, I think Stewart dropping is warranted. I think a few people though the Panthers would either immiediately make him the starter or at least make the RBBC more 50/50. Doesn't look like that's the plan to start out with.

And yes, start Harrison over Stewart. A good starting RB facing a squishy defense vs. a very good backup RB facing a decent defense. Seems simple to me.