[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waiver Wire (#3 WR)

Smackdown11

I am in desperate need for a #3 WR. I have Randy Moss as my #1, DeShawn Jackson as my #2 and currently have Jeremy Maclin as #3. I do not like having two Eagles in my starting line-up in the same position. My choices (if I get them) are Malcom Floyd (SD) or Jabar Gafffney. I want to drop Maclin for one of them. I also have Jacoby Jacobs (HOU) and Mike Williams (TB) on the bench, but I like their upside. Who would you choose? Thanks in advance!

Every 10 receiving yards (REY10) 1

Each reception (REC) 1

TD Reception (RETD) 6

2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2

I am in desperate need for a #3 WR. I have Randy Moss as my #1, DeShawn Jackson as my #2 and currently have Jeremy Maclin as #3. I do not like having two Eagles in my starting line-up in the same position. My choices (if I get them) are Malcom Floyd (SD) or Jabar Gafffney. I want to drop Maclin for one of them. I also have Jacoby Jacobs (HOU) and Mike Williams (TB) on the bench, but I like their upside. Who would you choose? Thanks in advance!

Every 10 receiving yards (REY10) 1

Each reception (REC) 1

TD Reception (RETD) 6

2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2

If you want to pick up one, i would go with gaffney

I think Floyd is the safer pickup, but Gaffney has the most potential upside. Just keep in mind, Denver drafted 2 pretty nice receivers this year. 1 with their very first pick. I also see Decker getting ALLOT of over the middle looks so Gaffney could be a phenom in weeks 1 through 3 and then BAM, nothing more than a marginal WR4 receiver.

I'm really surprised at all the love Jabar Gaffney is getting right now. Guy has a career year in his 8th season marked by a career game in the last game of the season 14/213 against KC and all the sudden he's a viable starter? I'm just not buying it.

One I'd rather have Maclin in a PPR than either Floyd or Gaffney

Two if I was going to drop Maclin for one of the other guys it would definitely be Floyd.

Floyd has a better QB throwing him the ball, on a better offense, and is the unquestioned #1 receiver until Jackson returns (which I don't think he ever will to SDD). Now he's also a vet coming off of a career year, but the context around him is better.

Best of Luck,

WashD

I'm really surprised at all the love Jabar Gaffney is getting right now. Guy has a career year in his 8th season marked by a career game in the last game of the season 14/213 against KC and all the sudden he's a viable starter? I'm just not buying it.

One I'd rather have Maclin in a PPR than either Floyd or Gaffney

Two if I was going to drop Maclin for one of the other guys it would definitely be Floyd.

Floyd has a better QB throwing him the ball, on a better offense, and is the unquestioned #1 receiver until Jackson returns (which I don't think he ever will to SDD). Now he's also a vet coming off of a career year, but the context around him is better.

Best of Luck,

WashD

Washington D: The JGaff NOT-Hugger of The Huddle. I agree on both counts though. Maclin and Floyd could be set up for some really nice seasons, whereas Gaffney? I mean, who knows in Denver right now?

I'd drop Jacoby Jones before I even considered dropping Maclin, because upside is still just that: upside. I can't even count the number of those guys that I ended up having to cut because I got them one year (or at least half a season) too early.

When looking to drop someone, I look for the guy who could be likely to be sitting on waivers, should I want to try to pick him back up later... This won't happen with Maclin most likely, but as for upside guys in a redraft (I assume), a guy like Jones could likely be available if he gets off to a slow start, or has a bad stretch.

Plus there's absolutely no chance that Jones is the #1 in HOU, barring an injury to AJ, whereas Floyd is the #1WR in a pass-happy offense, and Maclin could end up on top in Philly too. Drop Jones for Floyd.

I would choose Floyd over Jones but not sure if Id drop Maclin to get him.

I understand not wanting to start 2 Wrs from the same team but I would think you would

be able to trade Maclin rather than just dropping him?

I am also suprised at all the love Jones is getting.... crazy.

I would choose Floyd over Jones but not sure if Id drop Maclin to get him.

I understand not wanting to start 2 Wrs from the same team but I would think you would

be able to trade Maclin rather than just dropping him?

I am also suprised at all the love Jones is getting.... crazy.

I think because of the potential behind AJ. But, Walter received a nice little pay day this year, so there might be a hidden sleeper there somewhere :wacko: