[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thinking about trading Schaub for Brady

injendsm

I hate to feel like I'm micromanaging my team since it's only been one week, however, I want to make sure I'm not screwing my chances of winning my money league by holding onto a guy because of the name and what he did last year. A guy in my league has Brady as his #2 QB (He also has Brees). It's a 2QB, PPR league with various bonuses so QB's put up a lot of points (Peyton put up 88 in week 1). This same guy offered someone Brady for McNabb prior to week 1 (it was vetoed for obvious reasons).

I'd like to think Houston won't have Schaub throwing only 17 passes every week, but if Foster continues to run as well as he has been, it wouldn't surprise me to see Schaub's numbers take a big hit. Brady, however, is on a pass heavy offense that likely won't run much unless they're just blowing the opposition out of the water. Because of that, I think it may be good for me to offer this trade. However, I may not offer it until after this week's matchups because New England plays the Jets while Houston plays Washington. I figure Schaub should have the better game and that will work in my favor. Any reason(s) I shouldn't do this?

Thanks for any insight. Leave a link to your thread and, if I can, I'll answer it.

Edited by injendsm

I have both on my roster... somehow it happened... but I put Brady on the block. Schaub I think is better longterm with huge explosions, but Brady is probably most consistent. Its a serious coin toss to me. Last week was just bothersome. Check out the defenses Schaub is going to be facing this year... Jets in week 11, Phi in 13, Bal in 14, Ten in 15... but thats it. NE faces all kinds of rough teams...

My vote - Schaub

With the way the running game looked I would get Brady in a heart beat. Brady has no running game and is a passing team. Houston wants to run the ball and use play action. Brady will be better this year as they are commited to the pass.

Go get Brady and you will be very happy. Shaub will have good week and bad ones. Seeing AJ go for 3 catches is not a good sign.

With the way the running game looked I would get Brady in a heart beat. Brady has no running game and is a passing team. Houston wants to run the ball and use play action. Brady will be better this year as they are commited to the pass.

Go get Brady and you will be very happy. Shaub will have good week and bad ones. Seeing AJ go for 3 catches is not a good sign.

Agreed about Brady, I would jump on that deal too. Brady should have a really good year, and they're definitely not going to be running first.

But as for the bad game for Schaub, I think they were just taking the opportunity to establish the running game, which hasn't been a strength in the past. I just can't see them overworking Foster every week with anywhere near the 33 carries and goal-line work he got this week. HOU knows that they don't really have anyone reliable behind him right now, so I'd look to see the passing game come back strong as they establish the run and can settle down on the over-work for Foster

Edited by delusions of granduer

Thanks for the insight, everyone. I'm glad to see I'm not completely crazy to think about dealing him already but if the option's there, I think it may work out in the long run. With it being a PPR league where QB's get a point for every completion and 6 points a TD, Brady is a very good option. In week 1, he had more points than Schaub with just his completions (25).

The only thing I'm wondering now, do I offer Schaub for Brady now or wait until after this week's games?

EDIT: I've also thought about offering him Ryan & Best for Brady. His starting RB's are Fred Jackson, Tim Hightower, & Ricky Williams so he's a little weak there while Best is my RB4.

Edited by injendsm

Not in mine. I was expecting more out of Schaub when I took him and thought Brady would last a round longer than he did.

Relax its week one, don't do any rash moves. Football is a marathon not a sprint!

Schaub had a bad week 1 against the jets last year also it's ok.

Foster's running game helps Schaub in the long run as defenses no longer can just drop back into coverage,

Foster helps keep the defense honest.

People in my league have picked me to win it we start 2QBs with .5 per completion and 5 for TD,

i took A-Rod in the first round and Schaub in the 3rd.

Every other team has one great QB but then another not so great QB i'm the only team with 2 great QBs

and Schaub is a great QB for sure.

Foster is also my flex and without him i would have lost week 1. :wacko:

Edited by pdog

First off, how does an owner get both Brees and Brady? That's ridiculous. Second, why would the owner who has Brees and Brady want to trade Brady for Schaub? Makes no sense to me. He is dealing from a position of strength. Brady is a top 3 QB, Schaub is a top 10... I would not see this owner doing that trade. If he does, great for you.

First off, how does an owner get both Brees and Brady? That's ridiculous. Second, why would the owner who has Brees and Brady want to trade Brady for Schaub? Makes no sense to me. He is dealing from a position of strength. Brady is a top 3 QB, Schaub is a top 10... I would not see this owner doing that trade. If he does, great for you.

He picked Brees in the first round & Brady in the 2nd. He's weak at RB & only decent at WR. I offered him Matt Ryan & Jahvid Best for Brady (his starting RB's are Fred Jackson, Tim Hightower, & Ricky Williams).

Edited by injendsm