[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I crazy for thinking this?

fpuma

I am in a 12 team PPR league. We have 22 spots on the roster.

We start 2rbs, 2wr, and 1 rb/wr flex.

Our waiver wire is a bilnd bidding wire. We all get 1500 for the year for the blind bidding.

This past week my team scored the lowest points so i would win any tie breakers for the waiver wire. My question is is it crazy to put my whole 1500 in to ensure i get Jackson?

Here is my thinking on this. I am thin at rbs but good with wr.

Here is what I have

L McCoy

CJ Spiller

T Hightower

K Huggins

L Washington

R Moss

R Wayne

S Smith NYG

L Naanee

M Williams TB

Our waiver wire is soo thin anyway the next best player to pick up would be M Clayton or N Washington. THere is no one left. Most of the other backups were drafted.

What do you think?

Is it to crazy? I almost picked him up before the games started this week on a hunch.

Edited by fpuma

I don't think it's a bad idea. You basically blow your whole "waiver budget", but are getting the starting RB on one of the best offenses in the league for 15 more games. It's hard to imagine a more attractive free agent becoming available. And with 12 teams and 22 guys, I would think even attractive backups and handcuffs are are already on teams -- I'm actually kind of shocked that Jackson is even out there.

Let's put it this way -- if Grant got hurt before you drafted, Jackson probably would have gone in the first 3 rounds, right? How often do you get a chance to pick up a player with that kind of upside.

Of course, the other way of looking at it is how much of a gambler you are -- would you think a 1000 bid has a decent chance of getting him? Or something like 1402 (in case someone else bids 1400)? Do you NEED to hang on to a few bucks in case of emergency (if you spend it all on Jackson, and then your kicker has a bye, do you have to go without one, or is there also a "free agent" pool that you can pick from for free?

That's got to be the worst idea I have ever heard. Blow your whole budget for the year in Week 2? To ensure you get a player who wasn't good enough to beat out the starter? Ridiculous. What happens if next week one of your players goes on IR? What do you do then? Don't go crazy. Bid a fair amount and leave it at that.