[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss Owners

bizkit34

Starting - I mean how would it look if Gafney or some oher scrub I might put in for him does nothing and Moss takes it to the house (which is always possible)...though certainly not happy with the matchup...still its going to happen twice every year...got to play him though (unless he really falls off over several weeks and I'm not expecting that)....

Biggest mistake fantasy owners do is start guys based on emotion instead of logic. "But I invested a first round pick on him so I have to start him every week". "But it's xxx I have to start him".

If you've got a guy with a better matchup, play the numbers.

I benched Moss last week, it turned out to be the right decision. But its because I had a guy with a better matchup.

I'm benching Moss again this week because I'm assuming Revis will be slotted on Moss instead of half the field like he was last week. We'll know on Monday if it was the right decision or not but I'm playing the numbers, not the player.

Biggest mistake fantasy owners do is start guys based on emotion instead of logic. "But I invested a first round pick on him so I have to start him every week". "But it's xxx I have to start him".

If you've got a guy with a better matchup, play the numbers.

I benched Moss last week, it turned out to be the right decision. But its because I had a guy with a better matchup.

I'm benching Moss again this week because I'm assuming Revis will be slotted on Moss instead of half the field like he was last week. We'll know on Monday if it was the right decision or not but I'm playing the numbers, not the player.

Why even draft Moss if you're going to bench him? If that is the case, you should take Revis in as a factor when you draft.

Edited by v0dka

Why even draft Moss if you're going to bench him? If that is the case, you should take Revis in as a factor when you draft.

Would you start Moss over Moss? I'm talking Santana Moss over Randy Moss. I know, I know. Sounds absurd, but the Skins have a good matchup.

Would you start Moss over Moss? I'm talking Santana Moss over Randy Moss. I know, I know. Sounds absurd, but the Skins have a good matchup.

Randy Moss since Revis has a bad hamstring he will do good this week. The Skins have a hard matchup this week and I'm not really sure how McNabb with do against the Texans.

Because I want to win and you do that by maximizing points, not being emotionally bound to a draft pick.

Moss will put up top receiver points over the course of a season, not a given week. I didn't draft Moss for week one or two. I drafted him for the course of the season. I'll start Moss probably 80% of the time but the first two weeks have called for a bench slot.

If I've got a guy that will put up more points, I'm going to start him, not Moss. That's how you win.

Because I want to win and you do that by maximizing points, not being emotionally bound to a draft pick.

Moss will put up top receiver points over the course of a season, not a given week. I didn't draft Moss for week one or two. I drafted him for the course of the season. I'll start Moss probably 80% of the time but the first two weeks have called for a bench slot.

If I've got a guy that will put up more points, I'm going to start him, not Moss. That's how you win.

Agreed - and Revis may shut down Moss...but if he doesn't well Moss could have one of those 100yrd+ 3 TD days...is it likely - well probably not....but won't you feel the fool for benching him (and losing your game) when he does...

I sure wish the fool I'm up against in my big money league thought like you and would bench him.