[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

free agent no limit

High201

i was not able for the first time in awhile to sit by my computer and watch todays game. and before you know it i think a start was born in the rookie wr from den. if i was able to be at the computer like my boring self i would have grabbed him early but someone else did, but it brings into question the free agent rule. do you like it when you can grab the free agent on sundays or not. it kind of stinks if you cannot be at your computer when something happens. i don't know what do you think.

No.

Any respectable league allow players to be claimed off the waiver wire on Tues or Wed to give all managers the equal opportunity to acquire them.

I don't think it's fair that a guy who works Monday-Friday has first shot at all players that perform well on Sunday, over a guy who has a job that requires him to work Sundays. If my stud RB goes down with an injury, should I not have the same opportunity to claim him backup/handcuff than everyone else does?

When you have a FAAB dollar limit, it allows managers to claim players that they REALLY need, and requires them to manage their budget all year rather than just add/drop players at their convenience during games.

I'd refuse to play in a league that didn't have regulations on Free Agents.

Yeah, any free agent setup that allows pickups on gamedays is garbage for your exact reason. As mentioned in the other post regarding this, the best way is to do blind bid pick ups where you get lets say 100pts to bid with to acquire free agents. More strategy involved that way and you obviously don't have to be held hostage behind a computer waiting to pick someone up. Quite frankly, unless your new to ff, you should know your league rules beforehand before getting blindsided by rules that greatly effect your team. Just my opinion.

Agree with all of the above that the most fair ways involve FAs being locked until Tuesday/Wednesday, but please don't think that your league is completely uncommon in doing it First Come First Serve.

Unfortunately it is still all-to common in many casual leagues, but this is a great rule for you try to get changed for next year.