[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help me figure out a trade guys please

Metalhead316

As ive posted before, im in some dire straits with my QB...and im just not great at really finding the perfect trade, what could i do with this:

QBs Favre/Palmer

RBs P.Thomas/Tim Hightower/Brandon Jackson/Ricky Williams

WRs Marques Colston/Calvin Johnson/Malcom Floyd/Legadu Naanee/Mike Williams TB/Jabar Gaffney

TE Antonio Gates

What and is something i could do if anything, what would some of you do if you were gonna conjure up a trade, any help is appreciated.

You'd probably have to pair Palmer with someone. Favre doesn't have much value right now, but Palmer's not much better. You're too thin at RB to use any of those guys. WRs are pretty good, though. Palmer and Floyd or Palmer and Williams might get you something.

You dont think Hightower or P.Thomas, and someone wouldnt make for a decent deal or were you saying to just make sure i hang onto those guys?

Palmer and Williams or Palmer/Floyd perhaps, who do you think would be a decent pickup though or who do you feel would be a possibility.

You don't have much depth at RB so I think it would be best to keep those guys. Williams and Jackson won't do much for you this season...Jackson might occasionally get lucky (like the TD yesterday) but he's not as good as Grant. And neither would get you much in a trade. Thomas would be good, but I think you probably need him for now. Hightower has more value now than he probably will in a month since Wells will come back, but I don't know that you can afford to lose him.

What QBs are available on the waiver wire?

The first thing is are there any teams where one of those WRs actually helps them to the point that they would give you a QB better than Palmer for them?

You need to give value to get value.

While it would be nice to rob someone by giving up two scrubs for an every week starter, the fact is, assuming this is a semi-experienced group, you are unlikely to find a trade partner to do that.

Look at the teams. Is there anyone that is particularly strong at QB but weak at RB or WR? If you can find a team with that makeup, then start by targeting them for trade talks. If you are comfortable with Jackson as an every week starter, then you could look to deal Hightower with Palmer and get the QB improvement you seek along with an RB to provide bye week coverage/added depth. Could do the same with Calvin Johnson, seeking a QB improvement and a WR that could step in as your WR2 or add to your roster and play matchups with your other guys.

Lineup reqs and scoring system also affect the players values. Would need that info to better gauge any potential scenarios you can come up with.

Well here is one of the guys im looking at. He has Rivers. Now for WRs he has Harvin, S moss and Randy Moss, and for RB he has Charles and Mendenhall.

He has Hasselbeck on his bench too. Hes already 0-1 and i think hes gonna lose this week too.

Big Country, our lineup is QB, RB RB, WR WR, TE, W/R, W/R/T, D and K...and scoring is 1/2 PPR, 6 pts for all tds, 25 yds per passing for 1 pt, 1 pt per 10 rushing and 10 receiving.

On the wire, sanchez is there but man i just dont know how comfortable i am with him...although heh, sundays game wasnt bad at all. Shaun Hill, Edwawrds, Moore....its overall pretty hurtin on the wire.

Edited by Metalhead316

Ok heres another dude, he has Brees and hes 0-1 already...he has:

Brees

Chad Johnson

Mike Wallace

Ryan Matthews

Jstew

Dallas Clark

Knox

Orton

Now...hes looking to lose this week and be 0-2.

Again as i said, im so not good on trades but would this tempt him, Palmer/P.Thomas and perhaps Mike Williams or Malcom Floyd, for Brees?

Hed get Thomas, Palmer for perhaps the Ocho connection and Mike Williams or Floyd.

The truth of the matter is im 2-0, and ive got by somehow with favre getting me a total of 11 points in 2 weeks. So having maybe not the greatest RB may get me by, but Id have Brees and Colston connection, Hightower, Jackson, Calvin Johnson, Gates....and hopefully see what RB pops up eventually.

What do you guys think of even something like that.

Ok heres another dude, he has Brees and hes 0-1 already...he has:

Brees

Chad Johnson

Mike Wallace

Ryan Matthews

Jstew

Dallas Clark

Knox

Orton

Now...hes looking to lose this week and be 0-2.

Again as i said, im so not good on trades but would this tempt him, Palmer/P.Thomas and perhaps Mike Williams or Malcom Floyd, for Brees?

Hed get Thomas, Palmer for perhaps the Ocho connection and Mike Williams or Floyd.

The truth of the matter is im 2-0, and ive got by somehow with favre getting me a total of 11 points in 2 weeks. So having maybe not the greatest RB may get me by, but Id have Brees and Colston connection, Hightower, Jackson, Calvin Johnson, Gates....and hopefully see what RB pops up eventually.

What do you guys think of even something like that.

He has Orton who has played like a QB1 so far... You probably need to hope Brees doesn't put up numbers tonight for him to feel inclined to deal Brees. You should make a play for Orton IMO. It'll cost you less, and I bet Orton doesn't disappoint. Something like Favre (or Palmer, but since the guy has Brees, this isn't a huge deal) and Hightower for Orton. You'd have to give up a lot more to get Brees, and I think Orton will give you the consistency you're looking for (he won't probably blow up for 4 or 5 TDs in a game like Brees does sometimes, but Orton should be good for 2 TDs most weeks.

Yea i totally thought about Orton too, and i will take that angle as well. Even if i could snag Ryan or Orton id be happy. See the reason i went to that guy with Brees was also because i dont think Brees is gonna get him 56 pts tonight which is what he needs to win, it could happen but im just not seeing it. But if he does and gets the win than yea i can probably forget that. But he will be 0-2 which makes it a bit more of a thought since he could maybe upgrade a few other spots and downgrade QB a little.

Because like me, im winning so far and ive yet to have a QB blow up. Favre got me 11 pts last week and 1 this week and my team still put up enough to get around 115 or so and get a win.

Thats the funny thing about this situation, im now used to two weeks of getting zilch from my QB almost ill take anything that can sling out some yards and just get me 15-20.

Edited by Metalhead316

I hate bumping it again, just really lookin for a solid bit of advice as in who would be a decent trade. Ive got a guy with Vick, and Kolb/Ryan on his bench. Another guy that has Orton on his bench, and another dude that has Rivers but is kind of weak in RB and WR department.

Is Orton the best bang for my buck overall ingetting a nice upgrade from Favre, while still holding onto Palmer incase he somehow reverts back to his former self?

If Orton is the most easily attainable most likely, what really is a good offer for him. He has Jstew, Matthews, Mike Wallace and Garcon, not lookin so hot (currently) at 0-2 with those players.