[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Arian Foster/Steve Smith (NYG) for his Michael Turner/Tony Romo?

TopGun

Should I do this trade? Arian Foster/Steve Smith (NYG) for Michael Turner/Tony Romo??? It gives me (according to rankings) an upgrade at RB, and an upgrade at QB (dropping Palmer) while losing a WR. Basically, I'm going to have to try to find a bye week filler WR to upgrade at QB, and take a risk to maybe upgrade at RB. That's the main question that I'd like your thoughts on, there are more at the end if you wanted to look further.

My 10 team league rules are just basic non-ppr nfl.com rules...(start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 each of TE, K, DEF).

My Team:

QB: Michael Vick, Carson Palmer

RB: Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, Matt Forte, Brandon Jackson, C.J.Spiller, Tim Hightower

WR: Reggie Wayne, Marques Colston, Steve Smith (NYG), Terrell Owens

TE: Jermichael Finley

K: Lawrence Tynes

DEF: Carolina Panthers

His Team:

QB: Tony Romo

RB: Michael Turner, Ryan Matthews, LeSean McCoy, Fred Jackson

WR: DeSean Jackson, Hines Ward, Pierre Garcon, Eddie Royal, Mike Williams (TBB), Mark Clayton, Steve Breaston

TE: Jason Witten

K: Matt Prater

DEF: Minnesota Vikings

Notable waiver wire pickup potentials

QB: Kyle Orton, Josh Freeman

RB: Jason Snelling, Mike Tolbert, Peyton Hillis, Donald Brown, Marshawn Lynch, BenJarvus Green-Ellis

WR: Kevin Walter, Nate Washington, Mario Manningham, Legedu Naanee, Louis Murphy, Brandon Lloyd, Demaryius Thomas, Devin Hester

TE: Marcedes Lewis, Aaron Hernandez

K: Jeff Reed, Mike Nugent, Neil Rackers, Matt Bryant

DEF: Miami Dolphins, Indianapolis Colts, San Diego Chargers, Washington Redskins, Tennessee Titans, New York Giants, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Cincinnati Bengals

While we're here...anyone I "must" pick up from the waiver wire? Is it safe to drop Spiller now? And...yes, I know, drop the Panthers...seemed like a good idea at the time.

Thanks,

-TG

Edited by TopGun

No way I do this deal with Orton on the wire.

I'm not so certain this is an upgrade at RB for you, and that's not even considering the groin, which has a tendency to be a fantasy nightmare.

You're not upgrading your QB, you're upgrading your backup QB and leaving yourself paper thin at WR - too big a price IMO.

I'm leaning towards yes. Turner is supposed to do better than Foster. Smith has been unproductive, and in theory, I should be able to trade either Vick or Romo for a better WR than Smith (NYG). My biggest concerns are 1) Will Turner's groin issue be lingering throughout the season?, and 2) Is Foster really going to have a monster season and way outperform Turner?

I think I can find a bye week filler on the waiver wire as far as WR goes. Switching between matchups with my QB will be nice.

Last chance to talk me out of it guys.

I was about to tell you not to do it, but as I wrote down my logic, it became obvious that you should make this deal. Key factors are non-ppr and that it is a 10 team league.

If you do make this deal, run to the wire and pick up Snelling and drop Spiller.